Friday, August 05, 2011

What Dreams did you have?

Feeling Bruised

Feeling Caffeinated



Feeling Tired

F

irst, a little catch-up.

My left hand is feeling almost normal.
My Right hand still has a little of the pins & needles & numbness going on.
I think I've forgotten how to type.
My Bell's Palsy is GONE thank the Lord.
My feet STAY swollen even if I keep my feet propped up above my heart all day.
Finished ALL of my school shopping TAX-FREE in 2 days.
I think that's it?

----------------
Now playing: Commodores - Brick House

Anyway, my question is: What dreams did you have for your child pre-parenthood that you don't have now that you "know" your child/children?

I never intended or expected to have any children. (God had other plans, LOL.)

Anyway, when I was pregnant I had been going to weekly therapy & taking anti-depressants. (I stopped all meds when I found out I was knocked up)

But once I decided to keep the baby I started really wondering why I (a person with NO maternal instincts or even babysitting experience) was pregnant.

My pregnancy was physical hell, not to mention the fact that I was unmarried, mentally fucked up, and basically Ramen Noodle Poor.

I started wondering why God had put me in this situation. I thought my baby might grow up to be the First Black President (Thanks, Obama...), or that he might discover the cure for cancer, or something really amazing.

----------------
Now playing: Snoop Dogg - I Wanna Rock

That's what kept me going when I came home to an empty house & fridge.

Then I met my baby.

He was THE most perfect baby in the world & his first few years (up till school started) more than made up for my hellish pregnancy.

I still had Presidential/Nobel Award Winner aspirations for him.

He saved my life too. Literally. I knew I had to stay alive to make sure he grew up as a well-adjusted & contributing member of society. I knew it was MY PURPOSE to raise this child.

----------------
Now playing: Michael Trembello - She-s a maniac

Anyway...

Now?

HA!

Don't get me wrong, I love Evan to pieces even when I want to smack the shit out of him. Or choke him. Or run away. Or send him away until he's 25ish.

I just don't have those lofty goals in my head for him.

I just want him to stay alive until he's at least 18. I don't want him to have any drug/alcohol problems. I don't want him knocking up some WHORE. I want him to gradute. I want him to go to college or pick a career that he loves. AND I don't want him to eat me out of house & home.


That's not too much to ask, right? ;-)
----------------
Now playing: Fantasia - Baby Makin' Hips



Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Best Blogger TipsShare/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. It's so good to see you back and find that you are feeling better.

    I don't remember if I had any dreams. Probably not first black president. Something, though. Whatever it was, they didn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think when I was a young kid I wanted to be a doctor. When I realized how much school that would mean, I wanted to be an IT person.

    Now I just want to be able to walk up the stairs to the bathroom so I don't have to pack up 20 years of accumulated shit & move before I kick Evan out @ 18. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dreams were supposed to be for the kids I thought. You didn't say I could use my own dreams! I had dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Relax Max I didn't know you had any children you were aware of because I don't remember any posts about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog