Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day & Aunt Flo

Feeling ???

I

have no idea how I feel right now.

As you know, I am currently dealing with my hated Aunt Flo. Which means that one minute I'm pissed the eff off and the next minute I'm ready to cry.

There's some commercial on TV. I don't remember the product or even the industry. I just know it's a black family and the mom looks back at her baby and says "Honey Bunny" and the baby grins her toothless grin. I keep rewinding that.

NO, I DON'T WANT A BABY.

But I have been thinking about when Evan was a baby.
"This Mother's Day...I did the laundry."
When he was about 6 months old and we went for a ride with the windows down and he was cracking up when the wind was going through his hair.

Evan 3 MonthsHe was such a good baby. Always happy. Never really cried. On my first Mother's Day, MD and I took him to a veddy fancy restaurant (the hospital gave me a free meal for 2 on Mother's Day). I know when I walked in with a 5 month old, everyone was thinking "Oh shit. That kid is going to be crying and ruin our day."

But he didn't. He just sat there looking around.

This Mother's Day...I did the laundry. My formerly precious bundle of joy was bugging the shit out of me to go outside and play with his cousin.

Me - Dude, it's Mother's Day. I'm sure he has plans with his mother and grandmother.
He - *sigh* Ok.

I didn't even get a kiss or a hug.

I did take him to MD's house so that we could give her our cards and the houseplant that I got for her. She was on her way to church so we didn't have to stay.

He gave her a hug. Effing suck-up that he is.

Whatever, man. I hate my period and it sucks that I was on it yesterday. :-(

That is all.



9 comments:

  1. What an adorable baby he was!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine was the same way. Sweet as sugar until the wretched hormones kicked in. We'll get them back in nine years or so.

    By the way, I loved that video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwww he was soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that your Mother's Day wasn't what you'd hoped for.

    That video, though, is too funny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. Thank you for writing this article that I have enjoyed reading.
    Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Regard

    ReplyDelete
  6. DG - Assuming I don't choke him in the next decade...

    Jane - I agree! :-)

    Musing - I hadn't really hoped for anything. I'm just in a constant state of pissosity.

    Fantastik - Thanks for commenting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You also have an Aunt Flo? Maybe you're related to my wife!

    ReplyDelete
  8. People - We're all related somehow, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog