Wednesday, June 06, 2007

House of Payne

Well, tonight was the premier of Tyler Perry's House of Payne.

Here's a one word review: *sigh*

It was very disappointing. It wasn't funny AT ALL. I didn't LOL once. In fact, the longer I watched, the more pissed off I got.

I'm used to him using the same recycled jokes in his plays. But these jokes were juvenile and not funny.

I enjoy juvenile sometimes. As long as it's funny.

I noticed on the second episode, it was written by someone other than Tyler Perry. So she (I think it was a she) is trying to sound like him, but it's not working.

And there was no message.

I also noticed that the wife of one of the characters is always late/missing, so I assume she's cheating.

COME ON. Why telegraph this shit in the first episode??? This is not a Tyler Perry play.

The gimmick in the first episode was to have Madea do a guest spot. BUT that didn't work either.

I think Tyler Perry is used to doing Madea at live performances. He breaks the 4th wall. I love that. With TV, he has to be a lot more constrained.

Whatever, man. There was so much wrong with this and I'm so disappointed.

The actors playing the parents of the 2 kids look way too young to have a son that age. (He looks about 12). The woman playing his mother looks like a teenager herself.

The girl playing the daughter was smiling BEFORE her punchline.

Pops & his wife (who I LOVE from the plays) were not funny. :-(

It sucked.

And it pains me to say it.

I find it hard to believe that these episodes are supposed to be better than whatever was tested in Atlanta last year (or whenever). I can't believe it got picked up.

Did anybody else see this shit?

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog