Wednesday, June 06, 2007

House of Payne

Well, tonight was the premier of Tyler Perry's House of Payne.

Here's a one word review: *sigh*

It was very disappointing. It wasn't funny AT ALL. I didn't LOL once. In fact, the longer I watched, the more pissed off I got.

I'm used to him using the same recycled jokes in his plays. But these jokes were juvenile and not funny.

I enjoy juvenile sometimes. As long as it's funny.

I noticed on the second episode, it was written by someone other than Tyler Perry. So she (I think it was a she) is trying to sound like him, but it's not working.

And there was no message.

I also noticed that the wife of one of the characters is always late/missing, so I assume she's cheating.

COME ON. Why telegraph this shit in the first episode??? This is not a Tyler Perry play.

The gimmick in the first episode was to have Madea do a guest spot. BUT that didn't work either.

I think Tyler Perry is used to doing Madea at live performances. He breaks the 4th wall. I love that. With TV, he has to be a lot more constrained.

Whatever, man. There was so much wrong with this and I'm so disappointed.

The actors playing the parents of the 2 kids look way too young to have a son that age. (He looks about 12). The woman playing his mother looks like a teenager herself.

The girl playing the daughter was smiling BEFORE her punchline.

Pops & his wife (who I LOVE from the plays) were not funny. :-(

It sucked.

And it pains me to say it.

I find it hard to believe that these episodes are supposed to be better than whatever was tested in Atlanta last year (or whenever). I can't believe it got picked up.

Did anybody else see this shit?

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch a lot of TV. Usually I'm trying to catch up on films. Last night my husband and I started watching "Ghost Rider", but we only got halfway through it before I started falling asleep. I often watch movies in two halves for just that reason.

    It's disappointing, though, if you've been looking forward to something and it just falls flat, like "House of Payne". And think of all the shows that didn't get picked up in favor of that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog