Friday, July 04, 2008

4th of July Part 1

T

his year we went to MD's house to grill for the 4th.

Thursday, MD told me that she was going to grill today @ about 11:30 am. I went to the store & got some hamburger meat & some boneless short ribs to marinate (green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. I don't measure, I just add the stuff until all the meat is well covered after I suck all of the air out of a Ziploc bag) for the grill.

Earlier that day, we had gone to a local restaurant (where my niece works) for dinner. She was working, but she didn't see us. In Wal-mart, we (Evan & I - people, that's the only "we" in my life right now. I get tired of saying it, LOL.) happened to she her, her BF and his daughter. It was 10 PM.

I had thought that everyone would have gone to get all their 4th of July BBQ crap earlier in the day, so I waited until 10 to go ON PURPOSE so I wouldn't have to deal with the crowd.

HA!

Everyone and their mother was there.

Anyway, back to my niece:

ME - I came to your place of work today and you didn't even come speak to me.
Niece - I didn't see you!
Me - No. You ignored me. That's fine. Even though it hurt your Nana's feelings.
Niece - Seriously. I had no idea you were there.
Me - Whatever.
Niece - Next time you come, ask them to be seated in my section.
Me - She's not going back there! Her scrambled eggs had white in them. The grits were gross. The pork chop had freezer burn. She had nothing but complaints & said she won't go back this year.
Niece - If you had told me you were there, I would have made sure that your order was right.
Me - Maybe next year. BYE!

In reality, I know she didn't see us. Everyone was there. I hate holiday weekends. But I cannot see her without giving her a hard time.

We continued to run into her & her BF throughout our trip.

Niece - *looking into my cart* What is this!
*pointing to the Pomegranate Smirnoff Ice* (They suck, BTW. I knew I should have gotten green apple!)
Me - I am an ADULT! I can drink if I want to.
Evan - She's an alcoholic.
Me - Yes. I'm going to go home and drink them all tonight.
Niece - Really!?!?
Me - *Evil 'Are you retarded??' look*
Niece - Well, I don't know. Maybe you really are an alcoholic.
Me - First she ignores me, now she accuses me of being an alcoholic. I'm leaving! *zooming away in my electric cart*

Later:

Niece - *whispering to Evan* You should run her over with your basket.
Me - I heard that.
Niece - What? I didn't say anything.
Me - You whisper like Omah (who is 75% deaf so whispers louder than she thinks. Very funny in church. Especially when she cusses.) Don't ever try to be a spy!

Sometimes when my back hurts, it feels good if Evan sits on me, but he's getting so big that it hurts more than it helps. So I tell him to punch me in the back. Exactly where it hurts.

Me - *post punch that was off target* OH! There's a pain in my back *gasp* and I can't brief. (Homage to George Lopez's "Why you crying".)
Evan - *cracking up* Sorry, do you want me to do it again?
Me - Not now. Wait 'til I can brief again.

Anyway, we got out of there after MIDNIGHT because even with 3 lines open, it took 20 minutes to check out. I had enough time to go back to the grocery section and get buns, then all the way to the pharmacy to get a massaging pillow for my back (Evan's suggestion.) I wanted to get to sleep to be on time for the BBQ.

Of course, I didn't get to sleep until way after the sun rose (about 6 am). This is in spite of the sleeping pill, the Xanax & the Smirnoff Ice that I drank.

Do NOT comment how I shouldn't mix alcohol and drugs. I know what can happen! I too heard about Heath Ledger. Bite me. Get insomnia for a couple of years and see if you don't do stupid shit just to get some effing sleep!

I'll tell the rest of this some other time. I want to lay down on my massaging pillow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog