Thursday, November 25, 2010

Morlang

Feeling Normal

I

n between my narcoleptic like spans of sleep this week, I managed to watch a new movie (to me) OnDemand.

MorlangI'd never heard of it before, and I really don't think I intended to watch the whole thing after the first couple of minutes.

Here's the blurb from imdb.com
Inspired by true events, a chilling psychological drama. A couple's secret pact takes an unexpected, sinister turn.

The movie is basically exposed with the use of flashbacks, which can be very confusing without the little "Two years later" indications that appear on shows like The Good Guys.

Eventually, though, I got interested in the movie, even figuring out what was flashback & what was current time. There were no captions, though. The film is in English, but there are Irish accents & Dutch accents that, IMO, could use a little clarification.

Anyway, the movie is about a famous(ish) painter who moves to Ireland after his wife dies of cancer.

It turns out that the painter (Morlang) & his wife were supposed to die together, because he didn't want to live without her.

2 years after Morlang has become comfortable in his new life with his new muse (his wife had been his muse in his previous works) he starts getting messages from his dead wife.

First, a postcard with the last picture he had taken of them that said "Don't feel guilty. It's nobody's fault." Then an answering machine with the wife saying the same thing. Then he gets into his car and there's an audio tape playing with the same message.

He doesn't want to explain WTF it means to his new muse/sex partner, but he's slowly getting...aggravated.

I really don't want to tell you any more about it, because it will ruin it.

This movie is like the only really good M. Night Shyamalan film (Sixth Sense) where I had no idea what the twist was until the director wanted me to know. It's the same with Morlang.

I had no idea what the twist was, but when I found it out I sat up in my bed @ 4 am wondering how it was all going to end.

I have to say I'm not particularly satisfied with the ending, but I'm not mad about it either.

Whatever.

If you happen to have it OnDemand, you should definitely check it out. I give it &hearts&hearts&hearts out of 4.

That is all. :-)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog