Friday, September 24, 2010

Health & High Fives 9/23/10

Feeling Normal

So, I was supposed to get my stitches taken out on Wednesday. But I hadn't slept since Tuesday 9 am, so I decided not to go because one more day couldn't really hurt, right? So, I take a sleeping pill & I'm waiting to fall asleep.

Evan gets home and says he fell & hurt his wrist and he thought we needed to go to the ER.

Yay.

I call Mommy Dearest & told her that I hadn't slept but I had taken a sleeping pill so I really didn't want to drive 30 miles to the ER and risk falling asleep.

Blah blah.

Evan twisted his wrist but didn't fracture or break anything. While we were there, my PCP happened to be on duty so I had him look @ my stitches & he said they looked a little infected so he gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me to come to his office on Saturday and he'd take them out. (I will not go to his office, because having the stitches taken out @ the ER is free since it's a continuation of getting the stitches. If I go see my PCP, I will have a $60 copay. No thank you. Medicare sucks.)

Krystal HamburgersAnyway, we were hungry when we left the ER, and I had gotten a headache so I took some headache medicine (with caffeine) and drank iced tea (caffeine) with my Krystals and...I was so buzzed my skin was literally vibrating.

No sleep that night either.

I finally fell asleep about 4 am on Thursday, so...45 hours with no sleep? Something like that. I slept until 8:30 am when my flipping cousin came over to borrow my jumper cables.

*sigh*

So, I went to go get my prescription. It said on the info not to eat for at least 1 hour after taking the medicine and not to lay down (?) for 30 minutes after taking it.

I sat up for 30 minutes and watched a few sitcoms that were on my DVR and then passed out, LOL. Slept pretty much all day yesterday. I had set my alarm for 9 am this morning to remind me to take another antibiotic.

I got nauseous, so sitting up for 30 minutes was no problem.

Then I pretty much passed out again.

Jensen AcklesI was trying to watch the Season 5 Supernatural Marathon on TNT, because season 6 premiers tonight and it would be nice to be caught up, but I kept falling asleep!

Finally decided to GET UP and post the few High Fives I saw this week while going through my 40+ hours of insomnia. Here they are in no particular order.

Oh wow, they're all from the same site, LOL.

Unintentional Racist Products - Product #1 brings back memories from Jr. High when the black kids used to call me Oreo. Black on the outside, white on the inside. Just because I don't speak Ebonics doesn't mean I'm not black! I'm not bitter about it at all... Anyway, make sure you read the comments because there were a few reader added products as well.

Man arrested for fighting with his parrot.


Steven Segal's Reggae Record. Not even a joke, man. WTF?

That is all for now. I really need to watch this marathon before tonight's new episode.

BTW, I think Jensen Ackles is my new crush. He's younger than me, so does that make me a cougar now?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

2 comments:

  1. I had that on some antibiotics as well. It's because of something to do with it disintegrating in your throat rather than your stomach and causing a reaction (or something like that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Han - Thanks! I was wondering why they'd put that specific an instruction on the medicine, LOL. Can't you feel crap in your throat, though? Wierd...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog