Friday, August 06, 2010

I fall down go boom!

Feeling Abnormal

W

here shall I begin?

Earlier this week, Mommy Dearest had some dental surgery. She told me she was going to have it, but I'm just thinking it was a root canal or something. But no, they actually put her under anesthesia & whatnot.

So...let's say Tuesday, because I don't remember what day it was -

I stayed with her all day. Fixed her soups, gave her ice packs, blah blah.

I don't know if I've told you this before, but being around "people" wears me out physically. It doesn't matter who they are.

I can handle Evan. Or I can handle Mommy Dearest. Dealing with both of them at the same time is worse than going to court and testifying for my own defense. (Not that I've ever done that, but I imagine I'd have an easier time doing that and not feel so worn the eff out afterwards.)

Anyway, I told The Boy that we'd go see Dinner for Schmucks on Wednesday.

But Wednesday I was so worn out from Tuesday that I slept all day.

I mean, I went to sleep on Tuesday night @ about 10 pm and didn't wake up again until 2 am on Thursday. Watched TV until 4 am, went back to sleep. I don't even remember using the bathroom.

So Thursday I went to pay my car insurance in person, because I wanted to get on the monthly payment plan instead of having to pay one big bill every six months.

After that, we went to see the movie.

I got out of the car and looked at the 8 inch curb. I've been walking pretty good w/o the use of a walker lately, but I still don't completely trust my left leg not to collapse on me.

Handicapped slopeSo I took the "safe route" and was going to walk up the handicapped ramp thingee. You know what I mean, where they - uh- slope the curb for people with wheelchairs and whatnot.

Anyway, I started walking up the slope instead of risking my life stepping up onto the curb and my "special leg" locked the fuck up and wouldn't bend or I tripped, or my foot slipped?

All I know is that I had all my weight on that leg.

I believe I had time to say "Oh shit!" and then I was down in the parking lot.

Did I mention it was like 105 degrees that day?

Luckily, I had my sweater because for the past 3 or 4 weeks, I've been freezing. Freezing like my 90 year old grandmother's house (which usually has me burning up) is cold. I have goosebumps all the time. Even when I'm sweating.

So I put the sweater down under my arm & left leg and sat there with my right leg under the car.

Some 80 year old dude (probably not 80, but he looked older than Methuselah) asked if I was ok or if he could help me up. He even asked if I needed an ambulance? (Wondering WTF I looked like if he thought I needed an ambulance, LOL.)

So he & Evan helped me up.

Then we went to see the movie.

I will tell that story next time I get online.

But if you're planning to go see "Dinner for Schmucks", I'd go see "The Other Guys" or "Salt" first. Not that the movie was bad, it just wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Now I have to use the damned walker because my left knee really hurts and is swollen.

I felt my knee hyper extend all the way back before I fell. It bent so far the wrong way that I'm thrilled that I fell.

Seriously.

It stopped the immediate searing pain.

Tax FreeThe only positive thing I can say about this week is that we got all of Evan's school shopping done TAX FREE.

If you live in TN or AL, clothes, school supplies, computers are all tax free this weekend until Sunday Midnight.

You're welcome.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

4 comments:

  1. Why yes, that's the Angelika that I know and remember. Beating your self-up like anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!!! Please take care ...... I suspect that you suspected that that kerby thingy was suspicious and I suspect that really you knew you should have had your walker ..... so don't do it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an adventure.

    Amazing that you slept that long. I don't think I've ever done that.

    Then again, sleeping in for me is anything after 6 a.m. I can't remember the last time I depended on an alarm to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon! Where have you been? How's marriage treating you?

    DP - The walker is more trouble than it's worth most of the time. A shopping cart serves the same purpose and I don't have to fold it up and put it in my trunk. :-)

    Shakespeare - I don't think I've ever slept that long either...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog