Friday, April 11, 2008

Tornado Watch!

Ok, I've lived here 16 years.

In those 16 years we've had hundreds of tornado watches & warnings.

But this is the first time Evan got out of school early.

About 20 minutes ago.

My cousin (who used to live right beside me, moved away & is now back across the parking lot) was subbing at the school & she brought Evan & her son home.

I think it's because a couple of months ago, we had a tornado hit the next town over (to the east).

Honestly, I hadn't even noticed. But then I had forgotten to mail my cable bill so I had to drive to the cable co to pay it & that's when I saw all the buildings that had been destroyed.

Then about a month ago we had another tornado to the west of us, but in the same county.

Maybe it's just too close to home for people.

But I noticed the street lights on at 2:30.

Oh well.

We can't get into "The black hole" (The closet under the stairs.)

Evan can stay in the bathtub if we hear the town sirens.

I'll be right here giving you a live report.

Because nothing is going to happen.

Nothing ever happens HERE.

Except for the time that a gas main blew up the post office...

HA!

TTYL, if the internet is still working. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog