Friday, April 11, 2008

Hey, Sweetie & the Evil Greeter from Hell

My landlord calls me "Sweetie".

I saw him the other day at Wal-mart. I said "Hi!" (fake cheerfulness on my part.) & he said "Hey, Sweetie."

I thought it was odd, but whatever.

So he just stopped by.

I opened the door.

LL - Hey, Sweetie. I just thought I'd drop off your rent receipt in person because I had to be out anyway.
Me - Ok. Have you noticed the people on either side of me are leaving their garbage on the back porch?
LL - No, I hadn't noticed that.
Me - Well, it causes all kinds of stray dogs & cats to come & rip open the bags and get garbage all over the place.
LL - I'll take care of it, Sweetie.

...

He might as well call me "Perky".

Y'all know that everybody has their "Public" face & their "Private/Among Friends" face.

Apparently, my public face makes people think that I'm sweet...

I'm used to being told that I intimidate people. I don't know how I feel about being thought of as "sweet".

Anyway.

Evan & I went to Wal-mart yesterday.

OMG I can't believe how early it is. I woke up at about 4:45 this morning. (I haven't been taking the sleeping pills. I still get to sleep at about 11:40 or so, but I seem to be waking up earlier every day.)


Where was I?

There were no electric carts, so Evan had to push me in a wheelchair.

After we paid for our stuff, I went to the bathroom.

When I came out, he was sitting in the wheelchair.

Me - Let me see if I can push you. (I can walk as long as I'm holding onto something like my walker or a cart, but Wal-mart is SOOOOOOOO BIG I start sweating & my "special leg" starts quivering up a storm if I walk around too long.)
He - OK!

So the Evil Bitch Greeter from Hell was standing at the door.

She looked at us like "Those wheelchairs are not toys!!!"

I wish she had said something.

It's about 200 ft from the bathroom to the front door, so not far enough for me to get tired walking. And I knew that Evan would enjoy being pushed around for a change instead of being the pusher, nodamene.

I hate that greeter.

Everyone else who works there is SO NICE. If they don't see Evan, they ask where he is. They get the electric carts ready for me before I even get into the store.

The Evil One just looks like she hates everyone. She's one of those women who would have a head full of gray hair if she didn't dye it jet black. She's 4 feet tall. She looks like a witch. And she's practically deaf. I have to YELL AT HER to ask her if there's anything wrong with the electric carts or whatever. I prefer not to talk to her at all.

But I really wish the bitch would have said something to me yesterday.

I believe I'd have gotten very "ethnic" in about .2 seconds.

She's a hater.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog