Friday, November 16, 2007

Boys II Men has a new CD

I found out because Evan & I had gone to Wal-Mart earlier in the day so he would stop bugging me because the money he got from Mommy Dearest (for helping her move her refrigerator so that she could mop under it) was burning a whole in his pocket.

While we were there, he saw some of those wheeled sneakers that he's always wanted so when we got home I called her and told her that's what she can get him for X-mas.

So, because the good stuff disappears from WM almost instantly, she decided we needed to go back right away.

Then I was helping her find some cd by some gospel artist and she remembered that she'd seen Boys II Men on Regis & Kelley this morning and she wanted their new CD.

We got home at 9 pm. I had to burn her a copy of the CD so she can have one in the house and one in the car.

I've only listened to 2 tracks so far.

I LOVE the new version of End of the Road. I'd rather hear the original War than their version.

I'll listen to the rest of the songs now & tell you what I think.

Got to be there - No. LOL. I don't generally like slow songs. It's sung well enough but I won't be listening to it again.

Ain't nothing like the real thing - I like the original better. OMG. Patti Labelle? No.

Ribbon In The Sky - I'd rather hear Stevie Wonder sing this song. The a capella is nice, *sigh*, I guess I just like the original oldies better. At least so far I do.

All This Love
- It's only ok. I mean, they aren't El Debarge, but this is an ok elevator version of the song.

I was made to love her - Who did this originally? Stevie Wonder? This is aight.

Easy - I'd rather hear Lionel Richie. But this isn't bad.

Money (That's What I Want) - I guess it's ok because I'm not comparing it to the original. That might have something to do with the fact that I don't remember who did the original...

The Tracks Of My Tears - Smokey Robinson. I'm just wondering now why they did this CD. Did they really think they could do it better than people like Smokey Robinson & Stevie Wonder or did they just want an excuse to go on tour and make some money again? This isn't bad. But...you know the rest of that statement.

Mercy Mercy Me - Was this Marvin Gaye? That's who it reminds me of. It's ok. I like this one.

It's the Same Old Song/Reach Out I'll Be There - Well, if they have to do remakes, these are the type they should do. It's hard to feature 3 singers on songs that were meant for one singer. Old School Boy Band songs are great for them. This is good.

Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) There's also an acoustic version of this song that I downloaded from Wal-mart.com. I like this version better than the acoustic. It's decent.

That's it. Basically, I'd recommend you go and get some "Greatest R&B Hits" CDs before you buy this. But if you LOVE B2M, you might like it.

It's only ok. I won't be listening to it specifically. I'll put it on my other R&B playlist. It might be better if I "reviewed" this after I get in the mood for that genre and then tell you how many times I skipped a song.

As it stands, I haven't listened to any of the new ones all the way through. I like old Boys II Men tracks.

Bottom line: Borrow this from someone else and rip a copy.


----------------
Listening to: Boyz II Men - War - Boyz II Men
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Boyz II Men - End Of The Road ( A Capella ) - Boyz II Men & Brian McKnight
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Boys II Men - when the water runs dry
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Listening to: Boys II Men - End of the Road
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog