Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tuesday Memes & Questions & Stuff & Thangs

3 Things

What are 3 things that are on your desk right now that shouldn't be?

1. Proof of insurance cards. They should be in my car & wallet. :-)
2. A Halloween Card that Meg sent me.
3. An open but undrunk (??) can of Diet Coke Plus. I hate coke. But I thought I'd try it. It still tasted like Coke. I was hoping for something else.

Take Me Back Tuesday
Memory Lane....

What musical formats do you remember (CD, Cassette, LP etc)?

All of the above. I know that 8 track existed, but I don't think I've ever heard one.

What was your favorite format 5 years ago? 10? What is it now?
5 years, CD. 10 years, probably still cassette because I didn't have a CD burner. Now, CD. Dur.

What was your first portable music player? What is your current portable music player? A boom box, inherited from my brother. I have a couple of CD players, but I don't use them anymore. I don't need an Ipod. If I had one, I'd never use it.


Ten on Tuesday


10 Songs that make me sad

I don't know if there are 10...let's see
1. Mama Knows - Shenandoah
2. I believe - Fantasia (It doesn't make me sad, but it makes me cry if I'm in the right mood.)
3. Make it Happen - Mariah Carey
4. If Tomorrow Never Comes - Garth Brooks
5. The Dance - Garth Brooks
6. Computer Blue - Prince (I don't think it makes me sad, but when I'm in "a mood" I always listen to it. Maybe it's the one that makes me not sad...I love it.)
7. Perdido Sin Ti - Ricky Martin (I don't speak Spanish, but the song always sounded sad to me. I know "Sin Ti" means Without You.)
8. When I was a kid (in the 70s) there was a song that ALWAYS made me cry. It was called "Jack & Jill" I think. I don't know who sang it. I've tried to find it since then so I can hear it again and figure out WHY the song made me cry...No Luck.
9. Eleanor Rigby - Ray Charles. (That song MAKES me sad. I don't listen to it often.)
10. Somebody's Somebody - Christina Aguilera

Tuesday Twosome
When you have to do without...

1. Internet service, how do you react and what is the first thing you do?Call the cable company and start cussing them out & tell them I'd better have a credit on my bill for the lost time.

2. Electricity, how do you react and what is the first thing you do? Wait 15 mins & call the electric company

3. Cell Phone or home phone service, how do you react and what is the first thing you do? I probably wouldn't notice. I don't like the phone.

4. Cable/Dish TV, how do you react and what is the first thing you do? Put in a DVD. Call the cable company & tell them I want a credit on my bill for the down time.

5. Air Conditioning/Heat, how do you react and what is the first thing you do? I can't live without the A/C. Once it was out & I had Evan spend the night with my mother so he wouldn't bug me to death. Then I called the landlord and told her that due to my medical condition, being without A/C is just as bad as being without heat in the winter and she'd better get someone to fix it pronto or I would call someone on my own and send her the bill. :-)

4 comments:

  1. In the age of digital media it's so nice to see that I'm not the only one that still likes to buy actual CDs.

    Thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky you don't have an iPod or MP3 player. They're addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog