I'm not happy because it's going to be hard to be on the computer or drive without smoking. :-(
Here's what I found a minute ago:
"How Quickly Do the Benefits of Quitting Start?"
* "Just 20 minutes after your last cigarette, your blood pressure and pulse rate drop to normal and the body temperature of your hands and feet increases to normal."
* "A mere 8 hours after your last smoke, the carbon monoxide level decreases and the oxygen level in your blood increases to normal."
* "Just 24 hours after your last cigarette, you substantially lessen your chances of having a heart attack."
* "Two days after your last cigarette, you will notice that your ability to taste and smell is enhanced."
* "Three days later, your breathing should be noticeably better because your lung capacity will be greater."
Breaking News from United!!! Cold Turkeyiers Take Note! 3 days... Nicotine Out of System!!! Time to Celebrate!!!
Next 3 Weeks ~ Then it's time to Life without *Sickerettes* ~ Retrain the Brain to do everything without our old habit ~ End of 3 - 4 weeks wraps up the worst of the mental retraining & time for Graduation/Celebrations... so sez United [/end United's Personal Notes... returning u 2 the Surgeon General :::giggle::: ]
* Within 2 weeks to 3 months ~ "Your circulation will improve and your lung functioning will increase up to 30% within two weeks to three months after quitting."
* "Between one month and nine months, the cilia in your lungs will regenerate, allowing your body to clean your lungs and reduce infection." [united luvs when Cilia do the wiggle ... ok... returning u 2 the surgeon general...]
* "One year after quitting, your risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker."
* "Five years after quitting, your risk of stroke is reduced to that of a nonsmoker."
* "Ten years after quitting, the lung cancer death rate is about half that of a continuing smokers. The risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas decreases."
* "Fifteen years after quitting, your risk of coronary heart disease is that of a nonsmokers.
Evan is spending the next 2 nights (at least) with is Nana.