Thursday, May 10, 2007

My 13 favorite episodes of House, MD



See that expression? He's embarrassed because I'm blogging about him again.

But I've been here for a couple of hours playing Cubis and I still can't think of a Thursday Thirteen Topic. I don't have 13 favorite flavors of ice cream. Or 13 favorite alcoholic drinks. It's music, movies, books and Hugh Laurie. I considered a "13 things that suck about being a mother" but The Boy hasn't hit puberty yet, so I don't even think I have 13 of those *gasp*.

Blah.

Here's the list.

1. Detox
2. 3 Stories
3. All In
4. The Honeymoon
5. Failure to Communicate
6. Distractions
7. House vs. God
8. No Reason
9. Meaning
10. Words & Deeds
11. One Day, One Room
12. Insensitive
13. Airborne

You can go to hughlaurie.net for episode synopsis iffn you really want to know what each episode is about.

I didn't include last night's episode because I can't remember the name of it and I don't feel like getting up to look at the info on the DVR.

I think I've watched "All In" more than any of the other episodes. "Three Stories" is Evan's favorite. "Failure to communicate" is probably my second most watched one.

One of the things I'm amazed by is the actor who's playing the reporter. He has aphasia (sp?) so he says stuff like "Why consign? I'm tabled." because his brain can't think of the word he wants, so it substitutes other words. He doesn't realize he's doing this. I think the acting is amazing. It has to be hard to deliver lines properly if they don't make sense. I wonder if he actually said the words as they were written or just substituted whatever he wanted because we (the viewers) wouldn't be able to tell anyway.

It's awesome.

I have favorite scenes in other episodes of House, but on this list I just put the 13 episodes I've watched the most.

I can't wait until Season 3 comes out on DVD. :-)

11 comments:

  1. I used to watch House all the time. Then I lost cable, and my antenna sucks. Can only get ABC.

    Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen house, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE "Jeeves and Wooster".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like House's expressions, even if I don't watch the show. One of my friends loves looking into House and trying to find things going on about the characters that are unsaid... so I get a lot of house vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you're a geeky superfan about this - everyone needs a little geekiness.. maybe that's what you like about him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could be. I've always loved Nerds/Geeks. They're cute. And much more interesting to talk to than beautiful/popular people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love house, great show. I'm not sure what my favorite episode is though....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love House! My only problem is that every episode, when I hear the symptoms, I'm thinking, "Do I have that? Do I have that?" hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. House is a fun show...but I keep wondering if we will ever see a different side to him? I know he is so complicated...I am waiting for them to get further into it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. House sounds like a cool show. Although my humans have never seen it, they like Hugh Laurie in all the "Blackadder" series, so they think they would like House too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of the shows my husband and I don't miss an episode of. We love his sense of humor. It's hard to pick just one, whichs make doing a great T13 list.

    Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom-to-mom, I understand completely. With so much sadness in the world to distract us, why not write about this delicious man who makes you laugh, sigh, cringe, cry, and long for sleep so he can sensually enter your dreams?

    Yeah, I get it...I get you...we get him. Well, don't we wish?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog