Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Cancelled TV Shows

This is a list of TV shows that I liked that have been cancelled. In no particular order.

  • Studio 60 - Starring Matthew Perry
  • Me and the boys - Starring Steve Harvey
  • Homefront - Starring Kyle Chandler and Mimi Kennedy
  • Dark Angel - Starring Jessica Alba
  • Dead Like Me - Starring Jasmine Guy and Mandy Patinkin
  • Any Day Now - Starring Annie Potts and Lorraine Toussaint
  • Angel - Starring David Boreanaz
  • Charmed - Starring Holly Marie Combs & Alyssa Milano
  • The X-files - Starring David Duchovny
  • John Doe - Starring Dominic Purcell
  • The Practice - Starring Dylan McDermott
  • Daybreak - Starring Taye Diggs
  • My So-Called Life - Starring Clare Danes

    I really liked Studio 60. It makes me so mad that they (NBC in this case) would rather have game shows or idiotic reality shows instead of a SMART & funny dramedy show. It didn't get a fair chance.

    I LOVED Homefront. It was cancelled in '91. They briefly showed it on one of those other networks, like Lifetime or something, but then they didn't even keep that up. :-( It was set in the 1940s, so there wasn't all the sex & violence that are on shows these days. It was sweet. :-)

    Dead Like Me was on HBO, so I never saw it until it came on Sci-fi in syndication, but I think it's hilarious! I haven't seen it lately, so I hope Sci-fi brings it back.

    Any Day Now was about 2 girls (one black & one white) who grew up as friends in the 50s or 60s. They showed the women as they were in present day, and then flashbacked to them as children. This is another show I didn't get into until I saw it in syndication. I think they had it on lifetime, but I haven't seen it lately.

    Charmed was a big part of my Sunday Nights. Towards the end, they started repeating themselves, but it was still a good show. I was really into it when Julian McMahon was on there, LOL. Plus I can watch it in syndication on TNT. :-)

    Angel is another show that had probably run it's course, but I still miss it. I loved the relationship between Angel & Spike. Again, I can watch it on TNT so it's all good. :-)

    That is all. I'm too tired to get into each and every show.
  • 17 comments:

    1. The only one of these that I've watched was X-files. That was a pretty good show. My hubby watched My So Called Life. He said it was very good and they should have never canceled it.

      Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

      Happy Thursday!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I loved the character Cole on Charmed. I think I've seen every episode. I didn't really care for the last Billie season, but it's always nice when a sitcom can have that "last show" finale instead of just disappearing.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I liked x-files too, but at least it had a pretty good run. They just yank the shows if they don't get millions of viewers in the first few weeks. I've watched a few of Any Day Now because my wife watched it, and I liked that pretty well too.

      I liked John Doe, but that one didnt' last long either.

      Good thing I'm not that hooked on tv. I tend to tape astronomy and science shows an the science channel and watch stuff on the sci fi channel. Wierd, because I really used to hate sci fi although I've always loved science.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I liked the X-files:( Great concept.

      ReplyDelete
    5. The only show on the list I've seen is the X-Files. My husband, daughter and I all loved it and hated when it went off the air.

      Great TT list, Angelika!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Dark Angel was great, I love it and then it was gone.

      ReplyDelete
    7. The only one I've ever seen was Charmed. I watched it a couple of times when my daughter happened to be watching it. Now, I rarely watch TV at all.

      Thanks for stopping by my TT.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I loved Dead Like Me. It's a shame they cancelled it on a cliff-hanger type ending for the previous season (or at least, I thought it was a cliff-hanger). Since Mandy Patinkin's new series, Criminal Minds, is doing so well, I don't expect it'll ever be back ;(

      ReplyDelete
    9. Of the ones you listed I watched Charmed and My So-Called Life. This is going back a bit, but I still miss Northern Exposure. That show was the best.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I wasn't aware Studio 60 had been canceled.....but, then again, I didn't watch it!!! I did not know some of the shows. Isn't it annoying when a show we like is canceled....I hate that.
      BTW, I am the hostess for T13 and I am adding your name to the blogroll!

      ReplyDelete
    11. I loved Dark Angel and was pissy when they canceled it.

      ReplyDelete
    12. I was soooo disappointed when they cancelled My So Called Life!! As for Charmed, my sisters and I love that show and own (well sister #3 owns) seasons 1-7. I love having my Charmed marathons!
      Very good TT13!

      ReplyDelete
    13. My husband and I were really getting into watching DayBreak.It had a really good storyline,kept us coming back to find out what happened next.
      My daughter and I still watch Charmed reruns.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Sports Night...I still get angry when I think about how great that show was and how it was never given a chance to find an audience.

      ReplyDelete
    15. Angel? Homefront? Are you kidding? I thought me and my sister were the only people who watched Homefront. LOL. We loved that show too.

      And Angel...ahhh, if you saw my blog, you'd know I'm a TOTAL Angel and Buffy whore. I have the DVD's soundtracks, books, believe me, I'm their number one fan.

      ReplyDelete
    16. I am bummed about Studio 60. I was really into it. What a nice list!


      If you are interested, Amys Random Thoughts is having a blogging scavenger hunt starting May 1st. Details and prizes were announced yesterday!. Its going to be fun!

      ReplyDelete
    17. i LOVED My So-Called Life - thought it was sheer genius. If it was still on, i'd probably still watch tv.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

    I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

    Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

    Popular Posts

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

    Search This Blog