Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just Stuff

VA Tech

I've often felt there was something wrong with me internally.

Because I react differently to situations than it seems like everyone else in the world does.

Like Virginia Tech. I think it's crazy. I think it's sad. But...bad shit happens.

Jenn wrote a post about it on her blog. A lot of people have. And there's, apparently, going to be a day of silence in the blogoshpere on 4/30 in honor (I don't think that's the right word) of the tragedy.

I think there's something wrong with me because I didn't feel compelled to write about it. I really didn't feel anything. I don't know any of those people. I don't know anyone who does know those people.

I'm sure millions (not that millions of people read this blog) of people would tell me "But don't you feel empathy/sympathy for all the people who were affected?"

I guess, in the abstract. But it won't change my life in any way.

Same with Hurricane Katrina. It was sad, but I didn't know anyone personally affected by it. It didn't occupy my thoughts....

That's why I think there's something wrong with me. Something missing in my makeup.

I just have too much shit to deal with in my own life to get worked up over any and everybody else's shit.

If I had the opportunity to add that missing component called "sympathy" to my personality, I'm not sure I would. I can't handle anything else at the moment.

American Idol


FINALLY
voted off American Idol. Good. It was way past time.

Life
It feels like Friday since Evan isn't here. He usually only spends the night with his Nana on Fridays. I keep waiting for "Best Week Ever" to come on, LOL. So odd.

My back hurts soooooooo bad. Like I'm trying to think who I know that has some Vicodin so that I don't have to pay for an ER visit bad.

I'm pissed off. Not about anything specific, just pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog