Friday, September 18, 2009

High Five Friday?

Feeling Normal

N

ot so much.

I've had a lot of back & headache trouble this week, so I didn't browse too much. I did find one post that entertained ME on Stephen Fry's Blog, but nothing from 'the usual suspects' because I didn't see them like I done already said before, when I said that about not browsing too much this week because my head hurt...

Have I mentioned yet that I've been up since 4:30 this morning? No naps. No caffiene - oh yeah!

There's caffeine in the OTC Migraine Medication I take, LOL. That's why I'm so damned hyper.

Like I done already said before, when I said that.Anyway, here are some of the TV Shows I started watching this summer or are new this fall that I think you should watch. (In no particular order)

Planets CollidingThe Universe on the History Channel
What would Brian Boitano Make?" on Food Network
"Eddie Griffin: Going for Broke" on VH1
Factory Floor on the National Geographic Channel
Vampire Diaries on The CW
Dr Oz Show in syndication. I learned yesterday that when you flush the toilet, a mist comes up that can spread for up to 20 feet and lingers in the air for hours! Which is why we all have fecal matter on our toothbrushes.

So, yeah, I instituted a new rule "Close the lid before you flush." That could be the reason I'm constantly getting The Trots! Of course, now I'll have to risk "surprise" when Evan 'forgets' to flush the toilet but remembers to close the effing lid...

Right now it's 11:30 PM on Thursday. So I'm fiddnuh take some xanax & melatonin with some Sleepytime tea so I can hopefully get to bed before the alarm goes off tomorrow.

That is all!

----------------
Now playing: Prince - Shockadelica


6 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you didn't know that about the toilet - I heard that years ago, and I've been a FANATIC about keeping the lid closed. The kids have been raised that way - so I know when a toilet lid is left open, it's one of their friends. So then I hunt the kid down and give him the "I'm going to freak you out with my germ & disease speech" that my 'beasts hate so much. (But all know by heart. lol)

    I also flip about people not washing their hands after using the bathroom. I once saw this thing on TV where they covered a room with some harmless "germ" powder - and had people go in and use (or pretend to use, whatever) the bathroom. It was D.I.S.G.U.S.T.I.N.G. Seriously. I've never been so sicked out. So if I don't hear the water running after the toilet flushes, I'm all over the perp. I don't want anyone's peey or poopy hands all over my house.

    It's bad enough thinking about the other things the kids drag in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen - I'm sure I saw something on Mythbusters along time ago about the toilet flushing. But no one ever mentioned that the mist hung in the air for HOURS before. That's what grossed me out the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about that toilet thang along time ago.....after that the "toilet" rule went into effect immediately. Please don't let me walk into either bathroom and the lid be open..I will lose my damn mind. Sux how when ya really start to investigate things how nasty stuff is..AND don't get me started on people. UGH The vampire diaries...I must be missing something, I can't get into it, and yes, I tried. :) Hope ya feel better.....Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    I am avid about keeping the lid closed. I can now say, hubby & the kids no longer feel comfortable with the lid up. If someone happens to leave it up any one of us passing the bathroom will close it. Then of course there's the rule of washing your hands if you've touched the toilet in any way shape or form. Yes, I've turned the family into germophobes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a heads up in case you weren't already aware but the new season premier two hour special of House M.D. is tomorrow (Monday Sep 21).

    I see you're a big fan too so I thought I'd toss that in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shae - Apparently everybody knew about the fecal mist except me, LOL.

    Brian - Yeah, I don't know what happened to my ticker up there that was counting down to the House season premier, but I appreciate the reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog