Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cornbread Festival 2009

Cornbread Festival

Click the banner to go to the National Cornbread Festival Website
.


T

hursday morning, Mommy Dearest came to my house.

MD - Listen...

No good conversation with her ever starts with "Listen".

She - Listen, we need to take Evan to the Cornbread Festival
Me - I ---
She - I don't want to go either. My ankle is hurting and my eyes and my chest.
Me - I've been vomiting and sweating since yesterday!
She - We didn't go last year
Me - He probably doesn't even know anything about it
She - Those kids at school are talking about it, and tonight is buddy night so 2 people ride for the price of one.
Me - JKLF*)(#*$JKLFJS*)($ER
She - If it is raining by 5, we won't go
Me - So I'll pray for rain.

Luckily, it was raining on South Pittsburg by 5 pm, so we didn't have to go.

Friday Evan comes home and says:

E - Guess what today is.
Me - Friday
E - Guess what today and tomorrow and Sunday is
Me - The weekend.
E - The Cornbread Festival
Me - Oh.

So my mother calls me @ 4pm and says we're going at 6 pm.

...

*sigh*

Whatever.

We went. I rode the Ferris Wheel. Evan rode different stuff. I got my Funnel Cake ($5!!!!), MD & Evan shared a Chicken on a Stick & a Funnel Cake and we left. Here are the pictures I took.

Cornbread Festival Fireball
Evan is in that Fireball Ride in the very back. Of course, I don't remember which is front or back, but I tried to take a picture of him. Look for a red shirt, LOL.
Top of the ferris Wheel

I took this picture at the top of the Ferris Wheel.

Top of the Ferris Wheel 2

This one too. :-)

Strawberry Funnel Cake

This is the only good reason to go to the Cornbread Festival when I don't even eat cornbread! Funnel Cake. Yummy.

Ferris Wheel at night

That is all. Now I don't have to go to a crowded effing place with rocks on the ground making it hard to get my walker over them (parents were carrying their strollers) for another freaking year!


6 comments:

  1. It didn't seem too bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had some trouble commenting :-(
    Funnel cake is the answer, funnel cake is always the answer. The pics came out great -- hope you are feeling a bit better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BK - No, having to carry my walker over rocks, listen to screeching teenage girls, and smelling BO wasn't that bad...

    Superficial - Yes, I'm feeling better now, thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had known there was a cornbread fest I would have stay in SC longer and taken I40! Pic are great!
    Peace & Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that funnel cake looks ridiculously good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane - Well, it happens every year, so maybe in 2010?

    Supplier - The funnel cake was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog