Friday, December 19, 2008

Why it's good to be poor at Christmas

O

r it could be because I'm disabled? I have no idea...

But the school feels sorry for your kid and he gets a shitload of x-mas presents from "Santa". The churches (even the ones we don't go to) donate too!

HA!

I wonder if they'd be that generous knowing that we may be poor "technically", but we are doing much better than the people with mortgages & car payments & multiple kids & whatnot.

It's all at my mother's house so he won't bug me until next Thursday to open "just one?"

Wheeeee!

I got him one gift. I'll give him money that he can spend post Christmas to get other crap he wants.

[rant]

I AM SO TIRED OF ALL THIS MOTHERFUCKING RAIN!

It's been like 3 weeks of this crap.

I have my BACK DOOR OPEN WIDE because it's so effing hot. And I'm tired of parking in a mud bog.



I'm dreaming of a cold Christmas. I mean, I enjoy not having the heat come on constantly, but I'm sooooooo tired of the weather. I should not be sweating in December. I should not need a damned fan in the middle of winter!

OMG. The mosquitoes are going to be horrible next summer. *cries*

[/rant]
----------------
Now playing: Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun via FoxyTunes


11 comments:

  1. I feel the same about all the damn snow! We've had so much snow already and it's not even technically winter. And it has been really cold. January/February type cold. I can't even imagine what the rest of the winter will look like.

    ~Kelly
    http://www.30somethingandsearching.today.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so wonderful when your child's school and the churches help out for the holidays. When we lived in Chicago my children's school always had us on all the lists. The food baskets and gifts were so much appreciated, I don't think we would have gotten by without their generosity.

    Now we live in a different community and I have become disabled and cannot work. We are very grateful that we are able to get by on our own and I would like to think that the school and churches are helping families less fortunate than we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't help feel that you're being a bit unfair there! What about all those poor mexicans living in your state who find the weather quite chilly already...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly - I can't feel sorry for you. I can only feel jealous. :-(

    Lola - I'm sure they are. :-)

    Guru - That made me LOL. The Mexicans are fine. They have their tips from their restaurants paying their heating bills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are pretty passionate about the weather aren't you? I grew up in Indiana, spent three years in Alaska and three years in Washington DC. If I never see another snow flake I'm OK! I'm getting too old to deal with all that cold.

    If it is too hot outside, you can get a cool drink and be OK. If it is too cold...you could die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom - Heat Stroke. Dehydration. You can never take off enough clothes if it's too hot. You can always add more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had it with these muthafuking snakes in this muthafuking rain! Sorry. had to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Holidays, Angelika! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that churches help out families but I didn't know the schools will do that. That's great. I hope he has a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leon - That's what I was thinking when I wrote it. :-)

    Abelle - Thank you. You too.

    Shae - Our school does. I don't know about other places. It's not that different than the angel thing on trees in the stores. Except I don't sign up for it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just set a record for December snowfall; 39 inches!! Wish I could send you some :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog