Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Twas a dark and stormy night...

S

o, last night I got no sleep. I've been up since about 10 am yesterday.

It was 34° on Monday. Yesterday it was 68°. I hate when the weather does that. Pick a temperature and stick with it! I like to sleep when it's about 68° in the house. After cooking dinner, the thermometer on the clock read 77°.

It stayed at that temp until after 11 pm. Even with the window & back door open and the fan on.

I had to close the back door because it started raining and it was coming inside.

Fine.

I was watching my BF (Hugh Laurie) on Conan O'Brian. He's hosting Saturday Night Live this week. I hope it's better than the last time he hosted! SNL has been good this season. Let's hope the writers don't disappoint this week. *crossing fingers*

Anyway, it was raining and thundering and lightning. I was okay with that. The sound of rain is actually relaxing. I even enjoy thunder. I remember taking Evan to stand at the back door when he was a baby (2ish) and letting him watch the lightning so that he would think it was cool and not be afraid of it. (I did a lot of things like that...pick up bugs or eat grody vegetables, LOL.)

He slept through the whole thing last night.

Around 1 am, the power went out. So no fan. I have some of those "Stick & Click" lights so I was reading while I "glowed" (Read: sweated my ass off). The lights came back on at 2:30 for about 30 minutes. Just long enough for me to get into "Wanted" before they cut back off. *sigh*

So I re-lit my candle and clicked my lights and started reading again (Re-reading the final story in The Dark Tower series.)

At around 3 am, the tornado sirens started going off "*Beep beep beep* This is the Tornado Warning System. Please seek shelter now."

30 minutes later they came back on with "Beeeeeeeep. All clear. Repeat, All clear."

This is the first time I've actually heard them "in action". I've only ever heard them testing the siren.

After they sounded the all clear, I tried to sleep. Didn't happen. Which is fine because the clocks were off and I was up to wake up The Boy to get ready for school.

Now after the bug man comes, I'm going to try to take a nap.
----------------
Now playing: The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men via FoxyTunes


3 comments:

  1. I've had insomnia for well over a week now. I am just dragging myself through each day.
    And night before last just below us we had tornadoes also.

    So I know how your week is going!!

    Take care,
    Jackie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shinade - A week?

    I remember those times when it just lasted a few days or a week...but Insomnia is a way of life for me. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. dropping ECard here..hope to see u at mine,, take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog