Sunday, September 21, 2008

OMG! I'm rubbing off on The Boy!


T

oday, on the way home from Wal-Mart, Evan & I had the following conversation:

Evan - I've decided that I'm not going to say the word "retarded" anymore. I'm going to say "special". (Re: This post)
Me - Cool! (Thank GOD! He's been using the word "retarded" for his ONLY negative adjective for months!) You know, Rick & Bubba use the word "precious" when they mean that something is stupid.
Evan - So when you call me precious, you're calling me stupid?
Me - LOL! No, you really are my Precious Honey Bunny.
Evan - You're calling me "special"!
Me - No Precious, I'm calling you precious as in "Dear" or "Darling".
Evan - Well, ok then. That's what I thought.
Me - You're so special.
Evan - *fake crying*

HA!

I don't know what it is about teenaged (or practically teenaged) boys that they only use one word for months at a time. Evan actually reads. He has a college freshman reading level. I know he has a bigger vocabulary than just one word to describe "bad" or "stupid" or "weird".

*sigh*

At least "Special" won't be as irritating to hear as "retarded". I reckon I'll be hearing it a lot for the next few months...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog