Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cary Grant Quick Reviews


I

have watched several Cary Grant movies in the last 2 weeks or so. Here are the ones that I don't think I've reviewed.

My Favorite WifeMy Favorite Wife
Starring: Cary Grant, Irene Dunne
Director: Garson Canin
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Plot: On the same day that a man has his wife declared dead (after she's been missing for 7 years) and marries a new woman, his first wife shows up alive.
Should you see it? YES!
Rating (out of 5 hearts): &hearts&hearts&hearts&hearts
My Comments: For some reason, I didn't want to watch this movie. But it only took a few minutes for me to get into the story. Cary Grant was at his comedic finest. Irene Dunne was funny too. Loved it!


Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream HouseMr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
Starring: Cary Grant, Myrna Loy
Director: H.C. Potter
Genre: Comedy
Plot: After living in a small New York apartment for years, Mr. Blandings decides to buy a house in Connecticut. (Think "The Money Pit")
Should you see it? *shrugs* If you have nothing better to watch.
Rating (out of 5 hearts): &hearts
My Comments: Cary looks good...


The Bachelor and the Bobby SoxerThe Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer
Starring: Cary Grant, Myrna Loy, Shirley Temple
Director: Irving Reis
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Plot from IMDb.com: "A high school girl falls for a playboy artist with screwball results."
Should you see it? If you want to see Shirley Temple as a teenager...
Rating (out of 5 hearts): &hearts&hearts
My Comments: There were some amusing/charming moments. Overall, I didn't need to see it.


Father GooseFather Goose
Starring: Cary Grant,Leslie Caron
Director: Ralph Nelson
Genre: Romantic Comedy, Adventure, War
Plot from IMDb.com: "During WW2, a man persuaded to live on an isolated island and spot aircraft finds himself responsible for a teacher and several students, all female."
Should you see it? Sure.
Rating (out of 5 hearts): &hearts&hearts½
My Comments: The ending is ridiculous. But Grant is funny playing the "alcoholic" & Caron is amusing playing the uptight teacher.


IndiscreetIndiscreet
Starring: Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman
Director: Stanley Donen
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Plot: A famous actress thinks that she will never find love. Enter the attractive & charming stranger. He tells her that he is married, but if she's okay with that, he's okay with dating her. Turns out, he isn't married.
Should you see it? YES!
Rating (out of 5 hearts): &hearts&hearts&hearts&hearts&hearts
My Comments: I LOVED it! Both of them (Grant & Bergman) did an excellent job. Bergman's best line (after finding out that Grant's character isn't married) is "How dare he sleep with me and not be married!"


Walk Don't RunWalk Don't Run
Starring: Cary Grant, Samantha Eggar, Jim Hutton (Timothy Hutton's father)
Director: Charles Walters
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Plot from IMDb.com: "During the housing shortage of the 1964 Toyko Olympics, two men and a woman share a single apartment and the older man plays Cupid to the other two."
Should you see it? Yes.
Rating (out of 5 hearts): &hearts&hearts&hearts
My Comments: It was interesting to see Grant as the "older guy" and not the heartthrob. Hutton's character was hilarious. I really enjoyed the movie. The best scene is when Hutton's character is power walking through the streets of Tokyo & Grant falls in step beside him. Loved it!

I can't believe I've watched so many Romantic Comedies lately. But Cary Grant is worth it. ;-)


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog