Friday, August 01, 2008

Oops! Open mouth, insert foot.

W

e went school shopping today.

First I went to the bank. I saw an aunt of a friend of mine and what I assumed to be one of her great nieces and that girl's child. Yes. I'm used to seeing 16 year olds with babies.

Every other girl at Wal-Mart was pregnant today. And EVERYBODY in my county was shopping today (Tax-free for school supplies & clothes 8/1 - 8/3).

Anyway, as we were about to leave someone said:

Friend - Ma'am, I'm going to need to see your driver's license for that thing (I was in an electric cart)
Me - Hi! *hug* I haven't seen you in forever, blah blah, small talk.
She - So I guess you're here school shopping.
Me - Yep.
She - I have to get DD#4 some new shoes.
Me - I have to get Evan some too. But not this month. Car insurance & tags. He'll have to wear his old ones until MD sees them and feels sorry for him, LOL. Oh, BTW, I saw your Aunt today.
She - Where?
Me - At the bank. I don't think she recognized me because she looked right through me. She was with that retarded girl. I didn't know that girl had had a baby!
She - What retarded girl?
Me - I don't remember her name.
She - *Naming off a list of names*
Me - Yeah! Jane (not her real name)!
She - Jane doesn't have a baby. That was my daughter!
Me - No, she had short brown hair. So did the little kid, about 3 years old?
She - Yes, that was Peach with Apple's (oldest daughter) baby! You called my baby retarded. *fake crying*
Me - Well I don't know if Jane was literally retarded, but she was very stupid. I couldn't believe that someone had slept with her. Anyway, OMG! I can't believe that Peach is that tall! She used to have blonde hair too!
She - Yeah, she's big now. Bigger than me. I have to shop in the Women's department for her. She wears a size 10 shoe! Pear is still skinny, it's easy to shop for her.
*more small talk*
Me - Well, I have to go before my frozen crap melts.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG.

If we hadn't been such good friends she really would have been offended when I mistook her daughter for the "mentally challenged" cousin.

*hanging my head in shame*

In my defense, I haven't seen her since her mom died of cancer. I used to go over there when her mom was alive because when I was dating friend's brother, her mother & father (both of them are gone now) were very good to me & Evan. I had Thanksgiving with them a few years in a row. I miss PawPaw's cooking. :-( I used to tell him that his cooking was so good, I could mistake it for a black woman's cooking. He took that as a huge compliment, LOL.

They are the most redneck family I've ever known.

Furreal.

Which is why I stopped hanging around so much once Evan got older.

After Peach showed Evan her cooch (when they were 6), I figured it was time to move on....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog