Saturday, August 02, 2008

Charlie Chaplin day on TCM!

T

oday is Charlie Chaplin Day on TCM (Turner Classic Movies).

I was halfway through "The Gold Rush" when Evan decided he needed to watch his shows, so I'm recording it.

The 45 minutes I've watched have me understanding why Chaplin was such a big deal back in the Silent Movie days.

I never thought I'd enjoy silent movies because the clips I've seen of other ones (not starring Chaplin) had that ridiculous music and every other frame was the card telling what someone had said.

I don't know about the other movies that will be coming on today, but this one had a narrator, so I was able to just enjoy the comedy.

Definitely check it out if you have nothing else to do today! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog