Friday, August 22, 2008

New Reality Shows!




The Cho Show on VH1 (Thursdays @ 11pm EST) starring Margaret Cho.

There are so many new shows coming on this season that I don't even know about most of them. The Cho Show is one of them. Luckily, I happened to catch the beginning of the premier episode. Margaret was winning the Korean of the Year award. She didn't know if she even wanted to go to the awards because for her entire career, she's felt like Koreans hated her. She wasn't, according to them, Korean enough. I can totally identify with that, because black people (when I was in Jr. High & High School in Maryland) told me that I wasn't black enough.

As if anyone looking at me wouldn't instantly categorize me as black. But apparently you aren't black if you don't speak ebonics & have hair styles that are in "Black Hair" magazine.

Whatever.

I really enjoyed the show & Margaret. I will be recording the entire season (which will be too short). I never knew anything about her except that she made fun of her mom in her act (her parents are in the show too, so we finally get to hear her mother, LOL.)

Loved it! Here's a clip.



Next was Glam God starring Vivica A. Fox on VH1 (Thursdays at 10 pm EST)

It's like Project Runway for Fashion Stylists. Wasn't blow away by it. It looks like a show for Vivica Fox to show off all of her wigs & outfits. I don't think I'll be watching it again unless nothing else is on. Here's the trailer...



Next was Jacked on A&E (Thursdays at 10 pm EST) about the Auto Theft Task Force in Newark, New Jersey (at least, I think it's in only one town).

I don't know what to say about this. It was not as exciting interesting, to me, as Parking Wars. But it was...ok. I guess if you like Cops, you might like this? I don't know. I'll watch it if nothing else is on.

There was no easy way for me to embed a video clip of the show, so you'll have to go to the site to check it out.

The last new show I saw was The Principal's Office on TruTV (Thursdays at 9 pm EST).

Loved it! I really admire people who work in the educational field, because I could not do it without getting arrested. Principal Steve Halter (Booneville High School in Arkansas) could be any principal in my town. There are 2 other principals (I think) one in Connecticut & one in New Jersey.

I will definitely be recording this season. And making Evan watch it too to see what kind of stupid crap can get you into trouble and tell him not to do it, LOL.

If you have children, or have ever been a child you should definitely check it out. It's very entertaining and educational too! :-)

That is all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog