Monday, July 07, 2008

Now I can see what my readers see!


T

his may be old news to some of you, but I didn't find out about this until this weekend when I was dropping cards.

Technically Easy had an article about using Browsershots to view your template design and make sure that it's compatible with different browsers & operating systems.

It's really easy. Just go to the site and enter your url. I entered mine, went to the bathroom & when I came back, this was waiting for me:



From this EXTREMELY EASY TO USE site I learned that:

1. I have another reason to hate Internet Explorer. I don't like the way my site shows up there. No idea why it doesn't display correctly, either. And it's not just 6.0 that shows it that way. It's any and all Internet Explorers & Windows combination (that I tried, anyway.)

2. Konqueror 3.5 Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (WHAT? Never heard of it.) doesn't show my site at all.

3. Dillo (I first thought it said Dildo & wondered why anyone would name a browser after a sex toy...) is farked up! That's another browser I've never heard of.

But, for the post part, everyone is seeing what I see in the colors & whatnot that I chose. :-)

I'm really happy about that because I can't begin to imagine trying to make my blog compatible with all web browsers & operating systems. Even the people who don't see exactly what I see are seeing it almost the way I want it.

This is just one of those times when I have to breathe and 'let go'. I can't control everything, as much as I might want to.

For those of you using IE, let me encourage you to download Firefox or Opera (I've never used Opera, but it looks like my blog shows up well on it. And that's what this is all about, after all.)

For those of you using Conqueror or Dillo...I don't know what to tell you. So soddy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog