Monday, May 19, 2008

I won!


W

hen Evan was younger, I used to cut his hair in a "fade". Short on the sides and a little longer on the top so everyone could see his curls.



His hair was actually blonde in that picture, I don't know why it looks red...

Anyway, at around age 8 or 9 he stopped combing his hair.

Completely.

After he washed it, he'd just let it dry and wear it however it looked.

So I decided to start giving him a "buzz" cut. No curls. :-(



Anyway, since that time I'm always telling him "You need a haircut" as soon as I start seeing some waves because I know he's not going to comb his hair.

Somehow, I ended up telling him that I was not going to cut his hair again until he asked me to, that he could look like his little cousin for all I cared.



Evan - My hair will drive you crazy before it drives me crazy.
Me - Dude, you can have a big ass afro like your older cousins. I'm not going to cut it until it drives YOU crazy.
Evan - We'll see!
Me - Yes we will.

I decided that I would NOT, under any circumstances, cut his hair until he asked me.

Tonight:

Evan - Will you give me a haircut tonight? Because the hair keeps going in my ears and it's getting on my nerves.
Me - *Big Grin* Yessssssssssssssssssss!

His hair wasn't even that long. Maybe half an inch. No waves. I was prepared to wait until school was about to start for the '08 - '09 year.

LMFAO!

I could have just cut off his sideburns and it would have solved the problem. But no, I cut it all. Now we really won't have to do it again until August or something.

Now if I could just stand to let him grow his toenails out until they get sore from bumping into the end of his shoe, I wouldn't have to harp on that all the time.

I won!!

I must enjoy my little victories where I get them. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog