Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why did I get married?

So I got this for Mommy Dearest's birthday. I also got a copy for myself.

It is SO GOOD! I liked the play and I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the movie.

Madea's Family Reunion & Diary of a Mad Black Woman were also plays first & then turned into movies & I liked the plays better.

Of course, there were changes from the play. But I was ok with these changes, LOL.

I'm just going to tell you a little bit because I want you to SEE THIS MOVIE.

4 couples have been friends since college. Every year, they go on a "Couples Retreat".

The couples are:

Janet Jackson & Malik Yoba
Tyler Perry & Sharon Leal
Jill Scott & Richard T Jones
Michael Jai White & Tasha Smith

So, it starts with all the couples showing up at the cabin in the mountains. We'll say Colorado because I don't really remember where they went & it's not important, LOL.

Jill Scott invites her best single friend to come along. The friend (henceforth known as Skanky Ho) sits beside Jill's husband on the plane. Jill sits beside some man who complains that she's too big & so she had to get off of the plane because she didn't purchase 2 seats for herself.

Now, this is just me, but if they told me that I had to get off the plane, my husband WOULD be coming with me. But no, the asshole husband just says stuff like "Well, she can drive. Or maybe she should walk & lose some of that weight."

So Jill leaves her husband & Skanky Ho on the plane to drive herself up to the mountains.

In the cabin we find out what all the couple's problems are.

Tyler Perry wants another child.
Tasha Smith drinks too much & her husband has VD and hasn't told her.
Janet Jackson & her hubby are supposed to be the perfect couple.

One night, Tasha has just enough to drink to tell Jill Scott that her husband is sleeping with Skanky Ho. Then ALL the secrets come out.

These are the changes I was talking about. That dinner scene was AWESOME!

My favorite part was when Jill Scott smacks the fuck out of her asshole husband with a bottle of wine, LOL.

Janet Jackson gave an incredible performance. Really. I didn't know she had it in her. Jill Scott was phenomenal too.

That is all.

Because even though I laid on the heating pad for hours, my back is still hurting.

And just in case you were wondering, Mommy Dearest had a great birthday. She received calls from ALL of her children & ALL of her friends. I even said "I love you, Momma" when I called after Evan dropped off her cards & present.

But only because it was her birthday....

----------------
Listening to: Chuck Brown - Bustin' Loose
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog