Four for Friday
Q1 - Beam Me Up, Scotty: Do you think humans should actively attempt to colonize another planet, or would doing so right now simply be a waste of money? No. I think it would be a waste of money AND we would ruin that planet too, LOL.
Q2 - Absurdity: Which do you think is more absurd: That a 54-year-old school teacher in the Sudan was arrested earlier in the week and sentenced to 15 days in prison after she allowed her class of seven-year-olds to name a teddy bear "Mohammed" as part of a school project, or the fact that almost every single late night "talk" show--including The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and The Late Show with David Letterman--is on hiatus because of a "writers" strike?
I really don't know anything about Sudan except I don't want to live there. So I think it's absurd that comedians, who have to write their own material on stage, are on strike and putting all these other people (make up artists, camera operators, stage hands) out of work.
Q3 - Spend It All, Now!: On this day in 2004, longtime Jeopardy! champion Ken Jennings finally lost after winning 222 consecutive rounds and netting for himself over $2.5 million in winnings. If you came into 10 times that amount of money ($25,000,000) and were given just 72 hours to spend every last dime, how would you spend it? (Caveat #1: You are limited to investing or trusting only 1% or $250,000. Caveat #2: You may only purchase one piece of real property and its cost may not exceed 4% of the total spend or $1,000,000.)
Yada Yada is what the details read to me. What is "real" property? Is that limited to real estate? Or can I buy a yacht? Not that I'd want one, but since this is a Brewster's Millions scenario I need all the details explained in plain English for someone who didn't pay attention in whatever class taught this.
1 Million dollar house, cars for all my friends, new wardrobes for everyone I know, jewelry, etc. I'd buy ALL the Tickets on a 747 and travel all over eating at the restaurants of all the chefs I see on TV & paying for the dinners of all the other diners.
Whatever. I'd get my greediest friends to help me find ways to waste the money.
Do I get more after this? Or do I just have to "burn" it and have nothing to show for it except my mansion? This makes no sense.
Q4 - Cars: What is the absolute worst experience you have ever had in an automobile? I've only had one wreck, caused by the other person, and it really wasn't that bad. I love driving. I haven't really had any bad experiences in a car. OH! I ran over a dog once. It was bad because it fucked up my alignment and I really didn't have the money to fix it for a while...
:-) LMFAO imagining all the dog lovers totally horrified right now. HA! Dumbass dog shouldn't have run out in the middle of the busiest street in the city! And then the canine had the nerve to get up and run away and leave me with a fucked up car! It was one of those little shits too. I do wish it had been a cat, though. Cats are evil.
The Friday Five
1. What is your favorite experience in your life so far? Having sex.
2. What motivates you to keep going every day? If I die, Evan will have to live with my BFF (he doesn't know her well) or my mother. I think I'd claw my way back from hell before I let that happen.
3. Where do you want to go in life? What do you want to accomplish? To bed. A full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
4. Is there anything that you regret? Do you try to change it? Buying my 3rd car. It was a lemon. I should have bought the white car...
5. What is your most cherished gift you have received? Why do you cherish it so much? I don't really get gifts which is FINE WITH ME so I don't have to fake gratitude. :-)
Four Foods on Friday: #6
1. Jello. What’s your favorite flavor or recipe? I don't eat jello. Haven't since I was a child. Do they have Green Apple jello? If so, that's my favorite. If not, I'll drink water.
2. Red liquid covering for pasta. Do you call it sauce or gravy and why? Sauce. Gravy is brown or white. And it's called "Spaghetti Sauce" right there on the label.
3. Cereal. What’s your favorite kind of cereal (can be hot or cold)? Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries. It ticks me off that they don't have a family size box of that, but they have a family size in all the other HBoO varieties.
4. What is the worst food smell you know of?
Chitlins (Chitterlings - pig intestines). But to smell so much like shit, they taste almost as good as bacon. :-)
Okay, this one is free form. Choose a movie you dislike. Connect the lead actor to Kevin Bacon in 6 movie degrees. See if you like one of those six movies and recommend it!
Robin Hood Men in Tights.
1) Starred Cary Elwes who was also in
2) Another Country with Colin Firth who was also in
3) Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon
1) Starred Jodie foster who was also in
2) Sommersby with Maury Chaykin who was in
3) Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon
Sommersby was pretty good for a chick flick. Haven't seen it in forever, though. It's the one where Richard Gere has amnesia.
You know I had to do this
1) Starred my boyfriend, Hugh Laurie, who was also in
2) Blackadder Back & Forth with Colin Firth who was in
3) (Drumroll please) Where the Truth Lies with Kevin Bacon
Whatever. I tend to forget the names of movies I don't like. And I can't remember the names of all those crappy Japanese films I saw before I finally decided to stop watching them.
Listening to: Diddy - Tell Me (feat Christina Aguilera)
Why does everyone talk about Angelina Jolie's lips like they are something desirable? To me, they look like she needs some chap stick. E...
F ollowing are this week's High Fives in no particular order. BadGalsRadio for The Reality of the Entrecard Payout Formula - Explained ...
A s requested, here is more information about the first 2 Artemis Fowl Books. Artemis Fowl is, in the first book, a 12 year old criminal m...
J oan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best? Tuesdays @ 9/8C on WE TV. Why? Because Joan Rivers is a fraking Nutbag but she cracks me the hell u...
S o Evan and I had gone to Mommy Dearest's house today to drop off the dog food that we got for Tiki. She asked me to take the fingerna...
L ast week, I borrowed Valkyrie from the Library. Have I mentioned that the last video rental place around here closed down this month? ...
T hat's the only explanation I have for what the everloving hell is going on with my feet. Yesterday, I was walking down the stairs, my...
one of the regulars posted a link to the friend test she had created about herself. I think I got a 36. So then I created one of my own. ...
H oly shit. I was about to get on here & rant about Jennifer Hudson's big head and her fucking commercial that plays on EVERY comme...
Y es, I know that hate is a strong word. What I feel about Oprah goes beyond the intense dislike that I feel for celebs like Britney Spear...