Sunday, May 20, 2007

I'm scared, y'all.

I only have 2 packs of cigarettes left.

Part of me is like "Fuck it, I'm going to get a carton."

The other part is saying "WHORE, you just spent $110 dollars on something to help you STOP smoking. Get some more gum."

But Evan reminded me that Thursday is the last day of school.

So I'll be quitting RIGHT WHEN The Boy is home all the geedee time!

WTF was I thinking?

Plus, I don't want to gain any more weight.

Last year, for some reason, I lost about 50 lbs.

I needed to lose it, but I wasn't trying.

I was smaller than I'd been in HS!

Then I got on fucking Celexa and gained about 15 lbs back.

:-(

On the plus side, Mommy Dearest said she won't be stopping by because she remembers how evil my father was when he quit smoking.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Pray for me.

Throw some bones.

Whatever it is you do.

Thanks.

8 comments:

  1. Hang on in there girl! If you can cope during the next week you can cope whenever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, take one day at a time, you can do it! (P.S., love your blog, it's nice to find a fellow Hugh Laurie fan!)
    If you need non-smoking inspiration, try this link and scroll down to near the end where all the lung cancer pathology photos are. However don't try it if you have a weak stomach! Seeing the actual results of what smoking can do can really help you when you're feeling weak, lol!
    http://www.pathguy.com/lectures/resp.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haaaaaaa! First time stopping by....too funny! Girl I'm throwing some bones for you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great.. just tell Evan to get his headphones on to drown out the sound of you yelling. :)
    I had to quit cold turkey, after 3 days I felt better but the habit was the hardest thing to break. So I replaced it with something else.. reading and biting my nails. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody. :-)

    My system is going to be in for a shock when I actually run out of cigarettes, LOL.

    I'm more scared of this than I was of childbirth...

    ReplyDelete
  6. u r going to make it girl!!! come on just a little strenght not to buy it!! once u buy it u wont resist!!! dont!!!!!! hang in there!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *cries*

    Yeah. I know I can do it. I just don't want to, LOL.

    I like smoking. Even though my dad died of lung cancer & I KNOW what it did to him.

    And I already have MS. The last thing I need is another disease to deal with.

    I'm doing this for my effing health.

    But I don't have to be happy about it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll make it! When I quit I thought about the benefits vs. the cons:

    -no more bad breath
    -no more "stinky" house, clothes, car, etc.
    -no more "killing" my lungs
    -no more wrinkle-causing lip pucker

    I gained 5 lbs. when I quit, HAD to have those Sun Chips...you know.

    You WILL feel better for having quit. I promise!

    And, of course, another benefit for you is no "Mommy Dearest" for a while! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!

    You're in my prayers. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog