Saturday, March 10, 2007

Music on your blog



I KNOW I'm not the only person to have posted something like this, but it needs to be said again.



STOP
IT
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it from your visitor's perspective for one mothereffing second, ok?

When I browse, I have my headphones on so that I can listen to music that I WANT TO HEAR.

So when I click, unsuspectingly, on the link to your page I get blasted in the ears with some fucking shit I would only listen to if someone tied me up and was torturing me.

STOP
IT


I've visited a lot more websites the past couple of days because I was doing the photo hunt thing. More than once I had to scroll to try and find the video or player that was playing some awful shit THAT I DIDN'T ASK TO LISTEN TO.

If I'm on BlogExplosion and trying to vote in a Battle of Blogs, or just trying to earn some credits, I'm forced to listen to this SHIT THAT I DON'T WANT TO HEAR for 30 seconds.

STOP
IT!!!!!!!!!!!!


We all get that you're excited that you can have your favorite song playing on your blog when people come to visit you. Yippie Skippie for YOU.

I may (probably) have different tastes in music than you do.

When I'm surfing for no other purpose than surfing, I get off the page ASAP without even reading.

So, if you have some type of business, or if you get paid to blog and you want people to click your links, TURN THE GODDAMNED MUSIC OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you insist upon doing this?

It's RUDE.

At least when I post 57 youtube videos of Hugh Laurie, you have the OPTION to watch the video or not. You inconsiderate bastards that have autoplay music that starts up on page load MAKE IT HARD TO ENJOY YOUR EFFING WEBSITE.

One chick had Nelly playing. I happen to like the song. I have it on my itunes.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT OVER JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.

STOP THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you can't have music on your blog without it automatically playing, take it off.

It's common courtesy.

Assholes.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like it either, especially when I forgot that my speakers are turned up from previously jamming to cheezy 80s music and then "Wind Beneath My Wings" blasts through because of a site.
    It's scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO @ Wind beneath my wings!

    It's like those websites that have you clicking to take a test and then BLAM, some ugly face and a person screaming.

    I should sue if I have a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But how do you really feel about music in Blogs????

    JK, I feel the same way as you, I just have never seen it expressed in quite that way before. Good for you, hopefully they might read this and get the hint!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog