Monday, November 06, 2006

I got my left leg back!!!!!!!!!

For the past several months, my left leg has basically been something I had to drag behind me. Couldn't lift it AT ALL. So when I went up stairs I had to go up with the right leg and drag the left leg behind me.

It's why I had to get the walker with wheels. I couldn't carry the other walker and move my leg at the same time.

This morning I was asleep and dreaming. (Hugh and I were walking in some kind of cave and he was mad at me because he said I don't take care of myself...) But there was a spasm in my left leg. It kept happening. It pissed me off enough that I woke up and left Hugh, LOL.

I realized I was hot. I kicked the covers off of me with my left leg....

WHA???? It moved on it's own????

I woke up completely then. I kept raising my left leg off the mattress because I couldn't believe it. I thought I was still dreaming. So then I sat up because I had to go to the bathroom.

And I thought "As soon as I stand up and try to walk, I'll KNOW this is a dream because the fucking anchor that is my left leg will not move."

I high stepped to the stairs!!! My leg was coming about 2 inches off the ground (2 inches is high stepping when you haven't been able to do more than drag for months)

I sat on the toilet for the first time in weeks without feeling like I was going to fall!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I even came down the stairs like an adult, LOL. Not like a toddler who has to put one leg down and then bring the other leg to the same stair.

I was just walking (with my walker) around the living room.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The leg is still weak from months of inactivity (dur). And it shakes like a mofo if I stand up too long, but it's WORKING!

I have to get some ankle weights or something to work it & strengthen it up so I can put the geedee walker in the closet where it belongs.

I'm so happy!

I remembered what I wanted to say before. I keep forgetting I can move my leg on it's own now so I keep lifting it with my arm. Habit, LOL.

Yippie Skippie that I don't have to move my leg with my hand anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog