Monday, June 09, 2008

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I

can't take this.

First of all, Evan grew about an inch overnight. Seriously. I measured him on the doorway as I have since he was about 3 and then the next day he was almost eye level with me, so I measured him again. 1 inch. Overnight.

Fine.

Today he comes in from playing with his cousin (who is 11) and asks if he can walk to Omah's house (my grandmother). It's 1 minute by car or .4 miles.

Me - I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. *thinking about all the idiots who speed over the hills and don't even slow down at the stop signs on the hills*
Evan - Please?
Me - Just you and your cousin?
Evan - Yes.
Me - *sigh* Fine. But when you get to Omah's, call me and let me know that you got there all right. Call me when you're about to come back home. Walk on the side of the street where you see the cars coming at you instead of behind you. DO NOT GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

Here's his route:



It's not hard. It's not complicated. We have walked there before (back when I could walk like a normal person).

So it's not a big deal, right?

Right?!!?!

*cries*

I don't like this whole growing up thing!


----------------
Now playing: Ruben Studdard - I'm not happy
via FoxyTunes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog