Sunday, February 19, 2012

I almost drowned!

Feeling Normal

A

nd today I found out the REAL reason.

When I was about 9 I was floating on my back in the pool when I heard my dad call my name, so I tried to stand up and realized I had drifted into the deep section.

I'm flailing, panicking, swallowing water and thinking I'm screaming "HELP!" when in actuality I was probably whispering.

9 year old AngelikaFinally, I found a man's leg under the water & just crawled up him until I could get out.

I said to my dad "Didn't you see me? Why didn't you help me?!?!"
He said "I knew you would do it."

I've been telling that story for 30 years.

Today my mom came over for pizza & we were watching Kevin Hart's "Laugh @ my Pain" and I told the story to my son when Kevin was telling about how his dad almost let him drown.

My mother said "NOOOOOOO! Your father was too busy looking at some chick in a bikini, he didn't even see you!"

...

Thanks, Dad.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Best Blogger TipsShare/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. Dad's are like that. Mine rescued the oars from the boat I fell out of and left me to flounder ... sheeeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawdhammercy.

    If mothers knew that, they'd never leave the kids alone with dads.

    Which is probably what the dads want anyway, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I find that hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dads will be dads. Happy blogging to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max - What do you find hard to believe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That your dad would do that. :)

    I'm glad you clumb that leg though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Relax Max Especially since I was his favorite!

    But you just had to know my dad. Once he took my mother to a party & then PUSHED HER OUT OF THE WAY to get a better look @ some chick's butt, LOL.

    I don't doubt it at all, I'm just surprised it took my mother this long to tell me the real story, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog