Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Guy I crush on when I was 13...

Feeling Excited

I

don't know how we got on this subject @ my favorite forum, but we were talking about boys we had crushes on in High School.

So I looked up the one I crushed on when I was 13 & living in Maryland. His name was Dominick. I was a freshman, he was a senior (I think) and I was friends with his sister Cheryl.

I remember spending the night @ Cheryl's house one night (that's the time that one of Cheryl's friends said "So it was either punch the wall or punch the nigger." and I said "Why didn't you punch the nigger?" and she was all "OMG, I didn't mean YOU, you're not a nigger." But that's a story for another time.)

ANYWAY, we were watching a movie and Dominick came and laid on the floor beside me. My little teenage heart was thumping so hard I thought it would thump right out of my chest.

I wrote him a note saying something like "I know you're a senior & I'm a freshman. I know you have a girlfriend, but I have a crush on you. I don't expect you to start going out with me, but if you would say "Hi" to me in the hallway and not act like I don't exist, that would be great."

AND HE DID!

I remember once I was walking down the street with a friend of mine and Dominick drove by in his van & honked his horn and waved.

I literally fell in the street clutching my chest like "OMG, He honked at me!"

My friend was like "Angy (back when I wanted to be called Angie, but I wanted to be different at the same time so I spelled it Angy) he's looking at you!"

Me - I don't care!

You know how certain things can happen to you and you remember them for the rest of your life and the person who did the thing to/for you probably doesn't remember?

Anyway, I found him on Facebook. I sent him this message

Message 2 Dom

Guess what I got this morning

Dominick Accepted

Awwwwwwwww.

I always remembered Dominick because he was so nice about my crush on him. When I lived in Maryland, freshmen were the scum of the earth and I think it was the kiss of death to be seen talking to one of them. (That ALL changed when I moved to the south where the age of consent is 16, another story for another time).

But Dominick didn't have to be so nice to me. I don't know why he was then, but he has always been a good memory.

Now I feel just as giddy as I did when he drove by & honked at me.

Honestly, I wouldn't have anything to say to him, but...he's clearly still a nice guy.

:-)


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Best Blogger TipsShare/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. hi Angelika, wow you stirred some crazy memories, what a blast from the past. from about 25yrs ago. - I might be blushing, my shyness still haunts me today. I have always lived by "treat others as you wish to be treated". Being a very shy high school student was more the reason and chicken to approach attractive females. I wish I knew then,what I know now- I woulda done things different. Today, I would pull over and ask you if you needed a ride. I want to thank you for highlighting me today on your blog.I'm honored to be a teenage crush. I think I'm starting a new crush on you today. you touched my heart. Have A Great Day !! -Dominick

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous Wow. I can't believe you commented on my blog.

    Let me try to be the grown woman I allegedly am.

    I think there are so many things that happen in our lives that affect us and the people involved probably don't even know how important those moments were to us.

    I'm glad I was able to find you and let you know.

    Crush all you want! I'm single, LOL. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweep the Leg -- that's 16.7 shades of excellent! And it gives me some faith in humanity. I'm jaded, at least I know it.

    But this is really cool and it's heartwarming to see that Dominick is a kind spirit -- then and now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Angelika, it's a lovely blog & you have been awarded "The Versatile blogger award". It's in my blog, come and take the badge!

    http://discoverlifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog