Saturday, October 02, 2010

It wasn't a scam!

Feeling Giddy

W

heee! I finally got out of bed today (2 pm) to find that PostZoom actually did send me the $100, LOL.

In other news, I went out for lunch with Mommy Dearest to celebrate my windfall. I put on actual shoes for the first time since I got the stitches originally. When I got home, I realized that the steri-strips that they had put on my foot after they took the stitches out were bloody.

Yay.

Went back to the damned ER (3rd time this week) and they basically said that they couldn't use steri strips or anything on my foot for this and I just had to keep it clean & shit.

Did I mention that my foot swelled to 600 lb cousin size? Both of my feet were swollen, but my left foot was ginormous.

I don't even know why.

Surely walking into and out of the Chinese restaurant wasn't enough to cause that amount of swelling?

*sigh*

Whatever. Another excuse to not do the laundry or anything else of value until my foot looks more normalish.

This scar that I'm going to have is one gross motherfucker.

I took a picture when I got to the ER yesterday.

Look away now if you're squeamish because it really is gross and looks much worse up close than it does when I'm looking at it as I clean it with Hydrogen Peroxide and put the damned Bacitracin on it.

My foot @ the ER

Angelika's Foot

My Foot 2 minutes ago

Angelika's Foot 100210

Anyway, I really am going to try to stay off my feet and read the books I got from the library last week or whatever.

Hope to have better news next week!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

5 comments:

  1. EEEk! That is nasty! I'd say elevate it and keep an icepack on it to prevent more swelling. Poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is some scar there girly. put lots of vitamin e and cocobutter on it to keep the scar minimal. the edges look good so keep it elevated to relieve the swelling and that should mean a cleaner butterfly. you can butterfly it yourself when it's closer together, and that will mean alot less scar, trust me. I am the queen of getting rid of scars. ohhh yesss..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re - When it stops being so "liquid" and starts scabbing over I'll do the vitamin E. I'm really not concerned about the scar, I'm just concerned about it healing.

    I have no idea how long this will take to heal. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has it been covered? I grazed up my knee once and it went all liquidy because it had had plasters over it for too long - try keeping it uncovered and the air can get to it and it should start to scab then

    ReplyDelete
  5. Han - I only cover it when I'm going outside & need to put shoes on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog