Thursday, February 05, 2009

I almost gave MD a heart attack today

H

ave I been blogging a lot lately?

It feels like it...

Anyway, at 3:30 today, Evan wasn't home. He usually gets home @ 3:24. So I called MD:

Me - Is Evan over there?
MD - Today is WEDNESDAY!
Me - I know what day it is. But I thought maybe Evan thought it was Thursday because he's not here. I thought he went to your house by mistake. (He goes there on Thurs & waits for my brother to pick him up so they can play Wii or actual basketball)
MD - He's not home?!?!
Me - No. Maybe the bus broke down.
MD - Well call me back!

So I got up and looked out the door. I saw no kids. Had the bus run, there'd have been kids on the playground. I sat down to finish eating my breakfast/lunch while listening for the bus and watching Leverage.

I was about to call the school to ask if a bus broke down when, simultaneously, the phone rang & Evan came in the door.

MD - Did you find him?
Me - He's here.
MD - How did he get there? What happened?
Me - *putting the phone on speaker* What happened?
Evan - The bus had a flat tire.
Me - I didn't hear the bus.
MD - How did he get home?!?!
Evan - OC (Favorite Cousin's Uncle) brought me home, I didn't ride the bus.
MD - Oh! *relieved sigh* You know I get nervous and he wasn't there and he wasn't here. I was wondering where he was.
Me - You're not supposed to get nervous unless I'm nervous. I thought I told you that before.
MD - Well, I can't help it.
Me - I wasn't nervous, I just thought he'd gotten on the wrong bus or that the bus broke down. He's only 15 minute late, it wasn't time to worry yet, LOL.
MD - Busdriver's bus doesn't normally break down, so I couldn't figure out what happened. (Evan's bus driver & my mother know each other from church & thangs)

What's funny to me is that she thinks she's all in control and shit. She had already called my cell phone & then called Evan's cell phone when I didn't answer mine...

She's just like her mother. Nervous as hell. Just not deaf.

OMG.

I don't want to be that way when I'm a senior citizen...

Maybe I won't be. She says I'm just like my dad.

So I'll take 10 minutes to think about how to answer a question before I answer, making people wonder if 1) I've fallen asleep with my eyes open or B) That I never heard the question in the first place and be a coffee addict when I'm a senior citizen.

I can deal with that, I reckon. :-)


2 comments:

  1. These days it's hard not to worry when it comes to kids. People are so unpredictable so I understand her anxiety. I'm glad everything was a-ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shae - Nothing ever happens HERE. I might have been concerned had the tornado sirens been sounding and he was late...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog