Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm twisted & so is my boy.

I

t's my fault. I admit it.

Yesterday I was reading YHTBT at Using Humor. It's about when people tell you a story that they think is funny and when you don't laugh, they say "You had to be there."

Dan told a joke about Descartes and pointed out that it would only be funny to someone who knows about Descartes.
Descartes’ famous quote was Cogito ergo sum, “I think, therefore I am.”

This is how I'm twisted:
I woke up from a nap at about 6:30pm. I immediately said to Evan "Want to hear a joke?"
He - Sure.
Me - This guy Descartes goes to a restaurant and orders a hamburger. The waitress asks if he wants fries with that. He says "I think not" and disappears.
He - *confused look* Ok.........
Me - LMFAO!

Then I explained to him why the joke was funny. He was not amused.

Why did I do that?

For the look on his face. I knew he'd think that I was just "sleep talking" like the time I told him to be careful of the frogs in the kitchen (I said that once, apparently).

I wish there was some way to hook my brain up to the computer and download what I see when he does some stuff. When he gives me certain looks. I have a picture of him when he was about 12 mos old and he was looking at me like "Have you lost your damned mind, woman?" I love that picture. I don't remember why he was looking at me like that, but the expression on his little baby face is so adult. I love it!

Here is how The Boy is twisted:
Evan - Today at school, JimBob (made up name) poked me in the arm. So I waited until he was in front of me and poked him in his back. He fell flat on the floor and said "Oh my God, my back is numb!"

I proceeded to crack the fark up. (Again, demonstrating how I'm twisted.)

Evan - Do you want me to poke you in the back so your back will be numb? (Awwww, so sweet. He wants to relieve my back pain...)
Me - Did it look like it hurt?
Evan - Yeah.
Me - No thanks, then.

The Boy cracks me up. He is acting more and more like a teenager & it ticks me off, but then he'll tell me some insane thing about one of his friends and it makes me laugh as hard as Bernie Mac ever did.

He's a joy.

But maybe you'd have to be here to understand...


5 comments:

  1. I think twisted applies here.
    Thanks for reading and the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son's 12 month-old picture is so cute! My toddler gives me looks like this sometimes (he's a character too). Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always tough to accurately convey what our children have done recently that makes them so completely awesome. I think that's part of what makes my son special to me, knowing that because I can't describe all of the neat stuff he does, it will remain a secret that the two of us share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura - I know! I still want to kiss those big cheeks. :-)

    Stanley - That was so sweet. I love reading from fathers who express the love they feel for their children!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog