Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I can't stand the rain

I

think that's why my effing knees have been hurting so bad these last 2 weeks.

----------------
Now playing: Pink - Stupid Girls via FoxyTunes

I tried a sample of Biore Daily Facial Scrub and my skin looked so smooth I was inspired to put on makeup. I didn't even put on any foundation or powder because my skin looked so smooth. I just did my eyes and my lips (I took the picture after I got back, so I just have Chap Stick on now.) It's been so long since I last wore makeup, I've forgotten how to put it on.

Furreal.

My eyes are jacked up, LOL. Plus I didn't put on contacts before I did the makeup, so the liner is uneven & whatnot. Whatever.


Anyway, MD & I went to Wal-mart today. My greeter told me that I looked good today.

Me - Thank you!
She - I've never seen you with makeup on before.
Me - Well, I don't normally wear it. But my mother always says I should. So this is her Christmas present for the year, LOL.
She - I think you look pretty either way.
Me - So do I!
She - Well, the makeup just makes your eyes pop more.
Me - I agree. (It sounds so conceited when I read it. I mean, I am conceited, but I didn't say it the way it reads.)

That is exactly why I don't wear makeup all the time. Sometimes it's just nice to get a compliment. When I don't wear makeup that often, I get the compliments. When I used to wear it almost every day, everyone thought I was sick if I didn't wear it.

----------------
Now playing: Christina Aguilera - Somebody's Somebody via FoxyTunes

We went to Wal-mart because MD wanted to get the ingredients for something she had at a Christmas party. Did you know there's a place where you can search for recipes by ingredient? I didn't. But now I do. Because she brought one of the things home so that I could try to figure out the ingredients. I have a better palate than I thought. She thought it was peanut butter. I knew it was butterscotch morsels. :-)

She could not find the chow mein noodles or the butterscotch morsels by herself. Then I had to search for a shirt for Evan's favorite cousin for X-mas & some shoes for Evan. What would she have done without me? Wander around for an hour trying to find everything?

Then we went for Chinese food. There was a baby in there who was so well behaved and happy. She reminded me of when Evan was a baby and we could take him anywhere and not worry about him disturbing the other patrons. That little girl (I guess it was a girl) was so smiley. :-)

No, the picture of the baby is not the baby I saw today, but they look similar.

----------------
Now playing: Amy Winehouse - Stronger Than Me via FoxyTunes

MD was in the mood for Christmas Music, she said. What she meant was "I'm in the mood for this one song over and over again." Luckily, I can stand the song. It was "Silent Night" by The Temptations.

The entire time I was in the restaurant, I was humming the damned song. So I have to listen to other shit so that my mind will be on something else besides "Silent Night" all day.

----------------
Now playing: Shakira - Suerte (Whenever, Wherever) via FoxyTunes

I know you've heard about the reporter who threw a shoe and President Bush by now. EVERYONE has talked about it.

Who knew that W had the reflexes of a cat?



That is all.

----------------
Now playing: Beyoncé - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) via FoxyTunes


7 comments:

  1. I look okay when I don't wear makeup, but I look even better when I do wear it! The funny thing is, when I go without wearing it for a day or so, people think I look sick (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy in that picture! And your skin does look smooth and radiant, nary a pimple (that I can see). Unfortunately my skin is not as smooth as yours, but I do use that St. Ives scrub each morning.

    Are you telling me we have something in common -- a massive disdain for Christmas music? Can't. Stand. It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ria - That's what made me mad about wearing makeup, that people expected it and something must be "wrong" if you weren't wearing it.

    CG - I don't hate Christmas music as a rule...ok nevermind. I really don't want to hear it, LOL. There ARE some good songs, but they get played to death starting in October. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really look good! You are radiating.

    I heard about the shoe story but didn't see the video yet. That's SO funny!! I still can't stop giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate the rain too. It has been on and off freezing rain, freezing fog, fog and rain for the past week here. It makes me stiff all over =(

    Who knew about Bush, that was really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous. I see Evan in your face, if I may say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shoe thing was so funny! I loved how GW didn't even seem phased. Loved it.

    You have a beautiful smile :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog