Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


E

van has been gone since Tuesday after school.

He came yesterday to ask me if he could stay with MD another night.

Me - Why did you even come back to ask me that?
Evan - We tried to call you.
Me - I turned the phones OFF so that people wouldn't interrupt my napping.
Evan - Well, I have to get some pants because I accidentally grabbed yours.
Me - Fine. Take your key so I don't have to get up when you come home.

Today I got a call

Evan - Helleeerrrrr (Madea Greeting)
Me - Hellerrrrr
Evan - Do you miss me?
Me - *insincere*

Yes.


Evan - Do you want me to come home?
Me - If you want to.
Evan - Well, I don't.
Me - Fine.
MD - We were just calling to make sure you weren't missing your baby too much.
Me - Not really.
Them - *laughing*
MD - Well, ok then.
Me - I want him back tomorrow evening so that I can make sure he's not sick and we can do the laundry on Sunday. (He always seems to get sick when he spends the night with my mother. I don't know why.)
MD - Fine! Do you want to say goodbye to your baby?
Me - Bye, Baby.

I know it's probably not the PC thing to say (like I've ever cared about being PC), but I haven't missed him at all, LOL.

I've enjoyed the break!

I've been able to clean up and not have it messed up 5 minutes later.

I haven't had to say anything over and over and over and over and over and over, etc.

I haven't had to cook.

I haven't tripped over any freaking action figures.

I haven't had to listen to stories about kids I don't know.

If I didn't think he'd wait until Saturday night to catch pneumonia, I wouldn't make him come back until Sunday.

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I haven't had to put up with ANY of my relatives.

:-)
----------------
Now playing: Chuck Brown - Bustin' Loose via FoxyTunes


5 comments:

  1. One of these days, you are going to miss him terribly.

    Meanwhile, enjoy the peace, girl. Can MD take mine for the weekend, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did that delete thing -- I misspelled. BUT I meant to say: Heheheheh, I'd enjoy a few moments away from my medium boy. In theory, I'd go attack and fumigate his room and carry out garbage bags of stuff to pitch. Oh, but just saying that makes me tired. Besides, he's here. Can't possibly pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this feeling. My son is 38 now and I still remember having those wonderful breaks from time to time. Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol - I know. I'll blog about it when it happens, LOL.

    Elle - Fumigate. HA!

    Sandee - At least he's not still living with you, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog