Thursday, November 27, 2008

I can't believe this $#*@!

A

couple of weeks ago, I tried to make poundcake muffins. I just halved MD's recipe.

They had major sinkholes and tasted like cornbread.

I used "I can't believe it's not butter!" even though the recipe called for butter.

I did it for my health, you know?

Anyway, I've been craving some of my from scratch brownies. I decided to use the rest of the effing sinkhole maker "I can't believe it's not butter!"

Ummm, now I know what cause the poundcake to sink like that.

I haven't yet tasted the brownies. They're normally good even if I take them out too early. I left them in 5 minutes longer today.

*sigh*

I don't even know if I want to waste the time it takes to make the icing if they EFFING SUCK like I am anticipating.

And I only have one egg left. Not enough to make a new batch.

I hate this.

If worse comes to worst, I will fill the sinkholes with Marshmallow Creme (I got it for "The Boy").

*cries*

----------------
Now playing: Kelis - Caught Out There (I Hate You So Much Right Now) via FoxyTunes

**Update** - They taste good. No mallow creme or icing needed. They're just extra crispy. Like a cookie. So I suppose I'm thankful that they don't taste like chocolate cornbread...
----------------
Now playing: Pink - So What via FoxyTunes


7 comments:

  1. Don't cry - doesn't marshmallow creme make everything better? I think I know now to stay away from 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' - thank you for saving me! (and the rare baking I do!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully the flavor is ok. It's just the crispy texture that I'll have to get past.

    No crying. Just a lot of sighing, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's why they call it "ICBI NOT butter." LOL
    Bravo for caring about being healthy, though. I'm glad they were still edible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Health tip: Butter is healthier for you than margarine.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ICBINB is only good for spreadiing -- too much water in it for baking without sinkholes! But crispy taste with no cornbread tones is NOT bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried that butter, but only have butter a couple times a year so I just buy butter. I'm glad I saw this post. Not buying this ever. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs Forz - They're so good, LOL.

    Carol - I know. But I like the taste of margarine better unless I'm searing a steak.

    Elle - I won't be buying it again.

    Sandee - Don't!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog