Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What the hell is happening to my skin???


W

hen I was younger, I had beautiful NORMAL skin. As I got older, I decided that I needed to start moisturizing my skin so that it would continue to glow. Preventative maintenance, if you will.

The first moisturizers I tried were for "normal" skin. But after a couple of hours, I started looking shiny. This was before the "greasy look" was 'in'. (I think they call it "glowing", but it just looks greasy to me.) So I got the moisturizer with anti-shine. It worked fine. Until recently.

For the past few months, my cheeks are ALWAYS dry. Despite the moisturizer. I got desperate and just put the lotion for my dry ass legs on my face(!!!!!!!!). Still, by the end of the day, my cheeks looked like I had had a bad sunburn and I was peeling.

I have one of those micro dermabrasion thingees & use it once a week (any more, and my face feels like I have sunburn). I use an exfoliating face wash followed by my a tiny bit of regular lotion on a daily basis.

Last night I got desperate after I washed my face with the daily scrub & added lotion. I could still see the dryness. I am so tired of feeling my face cracking. I have dandruff face.

So...I put Vaseline on my face.

Maybe some of you do that anyway? But for me it's like inviting a pimple, LOL.

I use vaseline on my feet (with socks) when they are especially dry. Or if I take too long a shower and lotion just isn't cutting it. But never before have I put it ON MY FACE.

Anyway, I put on just enough to cover the dryness & went to sleep.

I just looked at my face. It looks more like my former face. Whoda thunk it?

All I needed was some good old petroleum jelly.

Stay tuned to find out if I break out like a teenager, LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog