Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Philadelphia Story


B

ecause I get tired of writing 5 page posts about movies, I've decided to come up with the quick version so Relax Max will read it and so Monique won't cuss me out. :-)

The Philadelphia Story
Starring: Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant, James Stewart
Director: George Cukor
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Plot from IMDb.com: "When a rich woman's ex-husband and a tabloid-type reporter turn up just before her planned remarriage, she begins to learn the truth about herself."
Should you see it? YES! I loved it!

{/end quick review}

I think that one of the reasons I loved this movie so much is that I felt a real kinship with Tracy Lord. That is something I NEVER thought I'd say, LOL. But in this case, she's Hepburn's character.

Her Ex-Husband (Grant), her Father, and her Fiance all describe her as an "Ice Queen" or a goddess type of person. She has high standards for herself and is unforgiving of others who don't meet those standards. As I've gotten older, I've realized that it is unfair of me to judge other people by MY standards. It doesn't mean I don't still do it, but I try not to look at everything as black and white and see more shades of gray.

Anyway, I loved the movie from the very first scene and continued to love it the whole way through. I'm sorry that I deleted it from my DVR :-( , but I wanted to save "On Golden Pond" for a few more days to figure out if it's something I want to buy. I'm definitely going to buy "The Philadelphia Story"! Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Loved it to death even though I'm usually Anti Romantic Comedy in the extreme.

Rent it, borrow it, buy it, whatever. It's a good pitcha, you should watch it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog