Monday, September 15, 2008

MD gave me some sneakers!


T

hat's "Trainers" for you Brits. ;-)

First, MD's 2 obsessions are Sneakers and Jewelry. She likes gold, but every once in a while she decides to buy something silver and I usually end up getting it. Fine with me!

Second, she has more shoes than she can wear in 3 months without repeating a pair. Usually, if she buys a pair and doesn't like them she just sends them back.

The thing you need to know is that MD had discovered that flat shoes make her back hurt, so she always needs a little heel. But she bought these:



I told her when she came over that they looked too flat for her. She said she was going to put some inserts into the shoe which would raise the heel on the inside.

I still tried them on (she wears a 10, technically I wear an 8.5 but a 9 feels so good that I usually buy a 10). They had only half an inch of space between my toe and the end of the shoe, so I don't know how her feet were feeling in them.

BUT ANYWAY

She came over the other day with the shoes and told me that I could have them.

Wheeeeeeeee!

Really, there are times when my feet/legs swell so having a pair of her ginormous generously sized shoes around is convenient so that I don't have to go to Wal-Mart in slippers.

Whatever.

Guess what I'm cooking today?

Cheesesteak Soup. I've never tried it before. I know it smells delicious. I'll let you know how it turns out.

**UPDATE** - The first bite was awesome. The second - 10th bites were good. It got less awesome with each bite. I think I'll try cheddar cheese next time. The American cheese gave it an odd taste, IMO.

The Boy has been asking me to make some Peanut Butter Muffins for weeks. But the upper part of my left butt cheek is hurting so I really don't feel like standing for that long.

But they are delicious. Here's the recipe:

1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 Cup Flour

Bake at 350° for 25 minutes

You can bake it in a pan, but I find it better (healthier) for us to bake it in a muffin pan so that I can restrict myself The Boy to 1 per day. Also, I usually add half a bag of peanut butter chips to the batter.

That is all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog