Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Why I hate SUMMER.

*

Sigh*

Every summer, the heat makes my MS worse. I also have Osteoarthritis. Yes, that's the kind that Senior Citizens get. Whatever, I've gotten used to it. I dread when the weather gets to the time when it's regularly more than 75 degrees. It's why I usually go to Wal-Mart in the middle of the night. Because it's cooler then.

Anyway, last week my right knee was hurting. Bad. On fire bad. So I had to climb the stairs like a toddler because every time I bend my knee, I get a sharp pain & it has the potential to collapse. So I had to use my "special leg" to climb the stair and bring my right leg up as straight as possible so as not to get the sharp pain. I also had to come down the stairs by keeping the right leg straight.

Yesterday, my "special leg" decided that it was tired of doing all the work, so it started hurting too. (YAY!)

So now I just climb the stairs like a normal person while holding the railing in a death grip in case one of my knees collapses.

*cries*

Yes, the Dr. gave me that prescription for Naproxen Sodium. It's supposed to be an anti inflammatory. But you wouldn't know it. I can actually see the swelling in my left foot & leg. It's not as bad as the picture (Thank GOD! I don't want to have to wear slippers to the everywhere again because they're the only thing that fit!) but my knee is totally as big as my thigh. (!!!)

In addition, I keep getting headaches. Sudden headaches that feel like someone punched me in the face. They're not migraines, I don't think. But if I don't go to sleep, I feel like I'm taking something (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen) every 4-6 hours just to make the pain manageable.

I don't like taking drugs all the time.

I think I'm going to have to go and get some harder stuff. *sigh*

Which means I'll be sleeping even more than usual.

The weird thing is that PMS pills work the best on my pain. It's still acetaminophen, but they also have a diuretic & something else in the pills. I was amazed at how well they worked. I got them from the Dollar Store. But when I went back, they were out. *pulling out hair*

And they close at 9. So I have to get out in the heat to go get them anyway.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'll be glad when January gets here. :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog