Monday, July 21, 2008

Hard Candy

I

found this in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. Ebert & Roeper gave it 2 thumbs up, so I figured "Why Not?"

I've read some of the reviews on Amazon.com. At least one person said it was too preachy.

I disagree.

I enjoyed it immensely! Could be because I'm twisted. But let's assume that I enjoyed it because it really is a great movie.

It starts out with Hayley (Ellen Page), a 14 year old girl, IMing with Jeff Kohlver (Patrick Wilson) who is a 32 year old photographer. They set up a meeting.

Jeff meets Hayley at a nearby coffee shop where he buys her a t-shirt. And lots of chocolate. She flirts with him in her 14 year old way. She finally gets him to agree to take her back to his house.

I don't know anything about Ellen Page as an actress. I haven't seen Juno. I'll probably watch it when it's on TNT or something. But she kicks ass in this role!

Hayley is really smart. Smarter than Jeff thought/hoped, really. She puts Dexter to shame!

Yeah, Dexter the serial killer.

:-)

I don't want to tell you anything about this movie because every new twist surprised me, and I want you to be surprised too if you watch it.

I was, literally, on the edge of my seat towards the end. I kept looking at the time remaining wondering how the hell is Hayley going to get what she wants in only 8 minutes??

Buy it. Rent it. Put it in your Netflix queue or whatever. You should see this movie! Ellen Page is awesome & scary/creepy.

I'm going to watch it again.

Ta!

*Images are from Imdb.com. Click to enlarge.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog