Sunday, February 03, 2008

Down Home with the Neelys

Aren't they just the cutest couple?

I originally saw them together for the first time on Paula Deen's show on the Food network. Now they have their own! "Down Home with the Neelys" (Saturdays @ 11 AM EST on Food Network).

I really liked the first show. It was all about "Sunday Dinner". They showed us their rib recipe from their restaurant (they use a dry rub with sugar???) and a sweet & spicy cole slaw among other things.

The way they interact with each other is just precious.

When I first heard about the show, I just thought "Cool, it's about time to see some black faces on Food Network!" But then I realized that they waited until Black History Month to premier it... (I hope this isn't just a February thing, Food Network.)

Honestly, minorities aren't very well represented on the Food Network. It wasn't that long ago that they got "Simply Delicioso" with Ingrid Hoffman (I think she's Cuban.)

I like to watch shows even if I won't cook the recipes. I can't see myself cooking anything from Simply Delicioso (too much cilantro), but it's fun to watch. I watch my Lesbian Lover Nigella Lawson's show & I don't think I've cooked anything from that show either (what is it with British people & peas???), but I love her shows.

Anyway, it irritated me that this now seems like "Well, it's Black History month and people have been complaining about the diversity of our network, so let's put some colored people on tv so the nigras will shut up." (No, I don't really think they said exactly that, but I'm in a bad geedee mood and NO ONE is allowing me to get any sleep and I still have to go and do the effing laundry and it's raining outside and my back hurts and I DON'T WANT TO GO, so TV Network is getting the brunt of my non-pmssing anger. They can lick it, suck it, fuck it and whatever else, LOL.)

But anyway. Yeah, I'm happy about seeing the Neelys on TV. They really are adorable. And I think I'll give that sugared dry rub a try the next time I buy some ribs. :-)


----------------
Listening to: Gap Band - Find me another lover
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog