Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Britney Spears (Seriously)

When Britney Spears first came out, I liked her songs. I never thought she was a good singer, but I always acknowledged the fact that she was a good performer.

I always thought that Christina Aguilera deserved more credit for being an awesome singer but Britney's little "Whore in Training" music videos & whatnot stole all of Christina's "thunder".

Anyway, the point is that I grew to intensely dislike Britney Spears.

I hated that everyone was so crazy about this non singing bitch instead of loving other people who could do more than dance. I hated how much press she got. I rarely admitted to liking any of her songs, LOL.

Whatever.

All this stuff going on with her right now has made me feel sorry for the girl. I am incredibly concerned about her.

People say: She's doing this to herself.
I think: She's mentally ill. She honestly doesn't realize that she's gone off the deep end.

People say: Someone should help her.
I think: You cannot help someone who doesn't recognize that they need help or want help.

I had a friend who was married to an abusive man. She'd call me up and tell me about the latest beating & cry. I was supportive.

On one occasion when I arrived at her house, I heard the screaming and the furniture being thrown around. I went directly to the police station and reported the domestic disturbance.

She pressed charges & got a court date.
I showed up for court. She did not.

I told her after that, that if she was not going to get out of this relationship, then I didn't want to hear any more about it.

It broke my heart. She has 4 daughters watching this. Growing up watching their Step Father beat the shit out of their mommy.

This was years ago. Now, her 2 oldest daughters have had babies at 15/16 years old & dropped out of high school.

The point is, every NORMAL person knows that you don't stay with an abusive man & how her daughters are probably going to follow in her footsteps.

Having babies while still teenagers is just the first instance of history repeating itself.

This friend grew up with an abusive father & she has 5 siblings. I'm sure her mother started having babies when she was very young too. The cycle has repeated itself for at least 3 generations...

That has nothing to do with Britney. I just wanted you to realize that YOU CAN'T FORCE HELP ON AN ADULT!

Her parents, sister, friends, etc. can't make her go get help. Unless she tries to kill herself or someone else, she can't be forced to stay in a mental health facility.

Even then, they can only keep her against her will for 3 days.

This Media Frenzy about where she is and what she's doing is NOT helping.

If she feels alone (it is possible to feel alone even when surrounded by dozens of people, even when surrounded with loving family members), if she feels like no one understands what it's like to be in her shoes, she's going to give up.

She's already desperate.

I just felt the need to say that this is not funny, people.

I am afraid that she is going to die.

It has gone too far.

I do not have any solutions to this problem.

I just think we should all stop paying so much goddamned attention to this meltdown of hers.

Maybe if people left her the fuck alone, she might be silent/still enough to come to terms with the fact that she's out of control.

Then she'll get help.

Then she'll have a comeback.

Then I can go back to hating her.

Because I can't hate this poor child right now.

And it's harshing my mellow.

I'm off to make my own Chris Crockeresque "Leave Britney Alone!" video.



----------------
Listening to: Janet Jackson - Feedback
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog