Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday Twosome

What's in a name?

1. Are you named after anyone? Would you name a child of yours after you?
No and No.


2. If you were born a member of the opposite sex what would your name be? If you could switch names with a friend who would it be?
Had I been a boy, my name would have been Christoper. Which is a nice NORMAL name. I wouldn't switch names with anyone I know. Why would I do that after 35 years?


3. Are there any mispronunciations/typos that people do with your name constantly? Would you drop your last name if you became famous?
Yes, not even family members pronounce my name correctly. It's un GAY lee kuh. Not Angelica, or ONgaleekuh or ANgellykuh or any of the other mispronounciations. One of my mother's other children calls me AN gay lee kuh. Close, but no cigar. Those people at JJHF (Beckii) always spell my name Angelicka. There is no C in my name. (Which is why I call her Beckii, LOL.)

No I would not drop my last name. It is always mispronounced too, but it's unique. Like me. :-)


4. Name two celebrities that have really great names. Name two celebrities that in your opinion have strange names.
I don't know that I think "that's a great name". James Hugh Callum Laurie (yes, that's his whole name) and Angelina Jolie because I can't think of anyone else.

Moon Unit Zappa & her brother Dweezil Zappa have bad names. :-(



5. Do you like your name? Does your name have a special meaning?
I like it now. There are a lot of different meanings for the name.

The Name Bender says it means "Like an Angel".
Parents.com says it means "Derived from the Latin word, angelicus, meaning "angelic," but ultimately related to the Greek word, "angelos."
BabyNamesWorld says it means "Messenger"

Whatever....

----------------
Listening to: Will.I.Am - I Got It From My Mama
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog