Sunday, December 09, 2007

No, thank you

Last week I joined a group on Ning.com called Google Blogspot Bloggers.

Because my blog is here at Blogger...

Today one of the members sent me a message from another one of his groups.

I went there to see what it was.

The very first thing I see is that some woman set herself on fire to protest racism.

...

*sigh*

Look, I get that racism exists. I've experienced it.

What I don't get is how setting myself on fire is supposed to accomplish anything except 3rd degree burns all over my body.

I don't live where that woman lives, thank God. I don't know what she's been through or what she will be going through in the future.

All I know is that I am SICK TO DEATH OF THE DEPRAVITY OF PEOPLE!

I don't want to hear about the latest celebrity who said "Nigger" or "Faggot".
I don't want to hear/see about some stupid bitches doing disgusting things for God knows what reason.
I don't want to hear about someone hanging a noose in a tree.

It's awful.

I get that.

But I have TOO MUCH OF MY OWN SHIT TO DEAL WITH TO TRY TO SAVE THE WORLD.

Call me an ostrich. Tell me I'm not in touch with my blackness. Tell me that by ignoring this bullshit, I'm making the shit worse.

Fine.

Whatever.

I can't deal with any more of this bullshit.

So if you are one of those people who wants to save the world and educate everyone else in it, great. More power to you.

I will be here listening to music and playing with my blog template.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Now forget you know me.

----------------
Listening to: Janet Jackson - If (Extended Mix)
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog