Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Clash of the Choirs

I've been watching that show.

For those of you who don't know, celebrities picked out a choir from people in their home towns and are competing for $250,000 for a charity in their home town.

Patti Labelle - Philadelphia, PA
Nick Lachey - Cincinnati, OH
Michael Bolton - New Haven, CT
Blake Shelton - Oklahoma City, OK
Kelly Rowland - Houston, TX

Right out of the gate, I thought Patti Labelle should win it. Her choir is the most traditional of the choirs.

I also thought Nick Lachey's choir was a little too show tuney/boy bandish. They have choreography. It's a singing competition. It's nice if they all sway the same way, but I really don't need to see anything that looks like it should be in a musical on Broadway.

Anyway, tonight's show was phenomenal!

The 3 remaining choirs sang 3 songs each. One was a Christmas Carol & one was the celebrity's more popular songs.

Patti's choir did "Over the rainbow" with her singing lead. I told Evan before she started "Watch, she's going to do the 'bird dance' and kick off her shoes at some point." She didn't let me down, LOL. I think Patti singing "Over the rainbow" is one of the most iconic tv memories I have from childhood. She ALWAYS kills it. (Beyonce did a beautiful job singing it when she did it for the "Movies Rock" special last week, or whenever, BTW)

Nick's did "What's left of me" with him singing lead. I zapped through it. It's a decent song, but I didn't need to hear it, LOL.

Blake's did "This can't be good" from his latest album. I listened long enough to hear one verse & the chorus & then zapped. He's my favorite of the celebrities, BTW. I'd never heard of him before this, but he is really funny and a bit of a smart ass. I always look forward to his comments after the performances.

The BEST performance tonight had to be Team Lachey doing an a capella performance of "Flight of the Bumblebee". If you haven't heard that song, it's extremely fast. I imagine it's difficult to play on an instrument, but singing it?!?! Incredible. It gave me chills. Before that performance, I thought Nick would be the next to go. After it, I think Ms Labelle has some major competition.

I hope someone will upload it to youtube. It was sooooooo good.

I'm off to vote. 5 for Nick, 5 for Patti. :-)

Team Labelle singing "He's got the whole world in his hands". This will take you back to church! My favorite part comes in at about 1:46 in the video.




----------------
Listening to: Ice Cube - You know how we do it
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love comments. :-)

I will reply to comments made on my blog ON MY BLOG.

Comments not made in ENGLISH will be deleted.

Popular Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Search This Blog